Reverse payment

willeedee

Just beats me that someone can make a false claim and simply because I cannot show that I actually have delivered the product I am treated like the criminal.

I have just been had for $9! How sad. It's not the money but the principle.

What really anoys me is that PP was so quick to return the money to the source (buyer) and then charge me for the privilege. I fail to see the justice any of that.

What can I do to protect myself when selling downloadable items?

Does asking for a phone number or address help?

I appreciate your advice

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

I'm not sure how you know it's a 'false claim'. If the item is a downloadable object then there is no buyer protection on it which would mean that the payment was reversed due to it being a fraudulent transaction rather than the buyer making a claim. In that case we would have evidence that the person who made the payment was not the PayPal account holder and would be obliged to reverse the payment back to the account holder. In addition you wouldn't be charged, you might be mixing up the refund of your fees with a charge.

Login to Me Too

PatJ
New Community Member

$9, lucky you, have had 3 chargebacks taken from in the last 3 weeks, totalling over £800!  Been on the phone to PP, made we wait at least 10 -15 mins holding on the line so they could take even more money from me. I am not a happy bunny!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.