Refund not delivered to customer

Sarah240188
New Community Member

Hi Guys

I settled a dispute with a customer, and issued a full refund. But Paypal seem to be withholding the funds from the customer. Can anyone shed any light?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sarah240188

Is it pending on your account or the buyers?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Sarah240188 wrote:

Hi Guys

I settled a dispute with a customer, and issued a full refund. But Paypal seem to be withholding the funds from the customer. Can anyone shed any light?

Hi, @Sarah240188

Without more clarification, I am unable to determine which hold it would be.

Normally, refunded funds are instantly available to the recipient. One instance that comes to mind, is a refund issued with a payment method that is not instant, such as an eCheque. If the refund was sent with a card or PayPal balance, this does not apply.

The recipient should check their emails, for any information about the hold. If no email was received and the funds are not processed after 24 hours, please click here to contact PayPal Customer Service for a more accurate stance on the situation.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sarah240188

Refunds are very RARELY instant......

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund.-how-do-refunds-work-faq3248

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.