Refund held for 12 days !

seanramsden
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've had a refund of £206.29 put on hold by PayPal since 17/02/17. My bank transferred my full payment to PayPal on 20/02/17. PayPal have ackowledged that they have got my payment but are unable to lift the "held" on my refund due to a technical issue. Today I will start to incur bank charges ! Can anyone else confirm if they have been affected my this current technical issue ? PayPal have disclosed that they have had this issue since 27/02/17.

Kind regards

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Graceface
Contributor
Contributor
Technical issue??,i thing that means in Paypal speak,"we just want to hold onto yours,and thousands of other people's money to make interest off it for just that bit longer!!"
Login to Me Too

seanramsden
Contributor
Contributor

Another day passes and still no release of my refund. Does anyone know how long they are likely to hold onto my money ? The smokescreen of them having a technical issue that they are unable to say when will be rectified is wearing a bit thin.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello seanramsden! Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community 🙂 Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulty on your PayPal account. If you were informed about a temporary technical issue affecting your refund, it is important that you keep in contact with our customer support teams. They should be able to provide the most recent update about this issue 🙂 Thank you for your understanding. - Carlos 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.