Pending balance

Jaq36
New Community Member

Hello, today I sold an online game account to someone I have known for a while now. Currently the money is being held in my pending balance. I have been searching around for what exactly this is (new to paypal) and it seems to receieve my money faster, hopefully 3 days, I need to provide proof of delivery. I wwas wonder how I would be able to provide evidence that I have handed the account over, the buy has agreed to prove this anyway he can (papypal email maybe?), I really dont know. Help would be greatly appreciated. 

Jack

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@berty100

OK have to agree to disagree on this one then.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

berty100
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

yes, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I'll tell you something though, with my web-developer hat on, every single site-owner and business owner that I ever speak to in the future will learn exactly what paypal do from me, and they will then pass that onto everyone they meet too.

The paypal business model is doomed; people WILL move to other processors once the paypal approach becomes common knowledge.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@berty100

I've been hearing that and similar comments for years, paypal has only got bigger.

Whilst they give buyer protection buyers will want to use them so sellers will have to provide it or lose buyers.   Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

berty100
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

But I'm not a "seller" in the ebay sense, I'm just a bank account holder; I might be wrong, but in the UK/EU I thought that paypal is now classed as a bank, not as a kind of selling-agent like they are in the US, and that what they're doing under those circumstances is basically illegal.

But, even if I were a "seller", that doesn't mean that I'd just live with unreasonable and unworkable holdbacks, I'd sell through other channels.

I mean, if I wanted to sell my phone, then would I:

1) use ebay where I know that I'd end up sending my phone to someone, and then not getting any money for it because paypal/ebay will always come down on the side of the buyer no matter how malicious the buyer is and no matter how much proof of receipt there is etc? (ie I lose my phone, have to pay postage to send it to someone, but don't get any cash from it either).

or:

2) Sell it via my local newspaper's website.

I know which one I'd choose if I were a seller.

The "they're big, so they can do what they want" argument doesn't work in the long term; just ask myspace.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@berty100

I wasn't really saying they are big so they can do what they want, what i actually said was that folks have been going on for years saying they will ''tell everyone they know about paypal'' if they feel they were wrongly dealt with thinking it would make a difference but to be honest it really hasn't.

I appreciate your 1 + 2 example and if i was selling an item locally i would only ever accept cash on collection.

However if i put an ad in my paper for the phone or listed it on ebay i know that i would get more money for it on ebay as it would gain more buyer interest................but then i do live out in the sticks, maybe different if you lived in a city.

Anyway got to go now and sort out some lunch and stuff, been interesting debating it with you and i do see some of you points of view.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.