Pending Balance

MattyT88
Contributor
Contributor
This pending balance rule is an absolute joke! I have sent items out bang on time, paid more for delivery to make sure the parcels get there in perfect order and what reward do it get? PayPal holding funds forever and a day. I now have 2 products out there that the buyers have confirmed have arrived and work with nothing to show for it. I might need this money to live on! PayPal don't know that. For me it is the biggest con I have ever come across. Pride themselves on "security". Load of nonesense that is, I've had money come out of my bank via PayPal transactions in the past which weren't authorised by me. Security is a massive smoke screen for these guys holding your money. As soon as the money arrives in my account it will be bye bye PayPal. Time wasters!
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MattyT88

New seller hold every Ebay and private sellers via Paypal go through.

You rarely wait 21 days if you send the item trackable.

As its for buyer protection most of us didn't mind as we want buyers.

It also weeds out poor sellers which is better for the rest of us.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MattyT88
Contributor
Contributor
So after 4 phone calls this and PayPal agents telling me funds will be available After 3 days we are now entering day 4 with no funds still! Then I have to go through 72 hour withdrawal waiting time. So in all it will have been 11 days since selling the item before any money lands in my account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MattyT88

Yep new seller hold, normally released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days.

And withdrawals are normally 2-24 hours in the UK, you only get a 72 hour hold on a random basis.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MattyT88
Contributor
Contributor
We shall see. Been over 3 days. 4 PayPal agents said Thursday and the working day is now over. I will probably be back on the phone to PayPal tomorrow morning on the premium rate number costing me more money.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MattyT88

Premium rate??

UK customer services number is FREE from any UK landline.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MattyT88
Contributor
Contributor
No landline in a car
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MattyT88

So get out of the car and use a landline   Smiley Surprised

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MattyT88
Contributor
Contributor
Ridiculously stupid response. Expected no different though.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MattyT88

Thought it was a ridiculous comment to say no landline in the car. Do you spend 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in your car??

If not then use a landline when you can access one...........simple.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.