Paypal refunded buyer, but returned item not received.

johnnyha
New Community Member

I had a distpute with a buyer which paypal resolved by refunding the buyer's money on the basis that the item would be sent back.

The item has not been received, and when I have queried this, I am provided with a tracking number but no idea of the shipping service used, or the address sent to.

So the bottom line is that buyer may well still have the item but his money has been refunded. I don't know how to move on from this very frustrating position.

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

PayPal_david

Hi Johnnyha,

Welcome to the community! 

Any time a dispute is opened against a seller through the PayPal website, we place the funds on hold until a final decision has been made on the outcome of the case. 

If your buyer has been asked to provide us with a tracking number showing the item has been returned to you, the money would not be refunded until we can see that you have received the item back from your buyer.

If you would like any further information in regards to this case, you can try contacting customer services directly and we will be able to assist you further in order to get this resolved.

Could you let me know how the outcome of the case goes? 

David.

Login to Me Too

Don_R
Contributor
Contributor

This same thing also happened to me and the funny thing is i dont know how the buyer actually won the case (that he didnt recieve the item) because i provided the tracking number of me dispatching the item to him. How can i get the money or atleast my product back?

Login to Me Too

Bespoke
New Community Member

Paypal have just refunded a buyer who refuses to return the good?  What chance have we got if paypal does not ensure the goods are returned before refunds we might as well not bother taking payment and just give the goods away!

Login to Me Too

Andy_I
New Community Member

Same is happening to us, Paypal seem to be a law unto themselves now. I have the choice of 3 things in the resolution centre, but none of them apply to this case. 3 emails and no answer, case due tomorrow so it looks like we're going to lose and we lose the money and the item. Not a happy bunny, bet the customer is though, and Paypal don't care.

Login to Me Too

ajmac9
This isn't true. My buyer demanded a refund for false reasons on November 2nd. Case open, November 4th buyer received money back while the item was still "in route," on tracking. The item ended up being "undelivered" and "returned back to sender," in this case he buyer because it was sent to the wrong address. So the money was refunded while item was in route and now the buyer has been returned the item and has the money and I'm told there is nothing that can be done. It is theft.
Login to Me Too

cool-access
Contributor
Contributor

hi david. i need your help

I recently sent the order to a customer. when the items are received by buyer. he open a dispute that items are not as described. but i sent same as what he wants. i respond his messages. but he want to return the items. i said ok return the items but buyer paid returns charges. he did not respond to my answer now. what can i do now? can i escalate to paypal? or what?

@PayPal_david wrote:

Hi Johnnyha,

Welcome to the community! 

Any time a dispute is opened against a seller through the PayPal website, we place the funds on hold until a final decision has been made on the outcome of the case. 

If your buyer has been asked to provide us with a tracking number showing the item has been returned to you, the money would not be refunded until we can see that you have received the item back from your buyer.

If you would like any further information in regards to this case, you can try contacting customer services directly and we will be able to assist you further in order to get this resolved.

Could you let me know how the outcome of the case goes? 

David.

please help me. thanks

Login to Me Too

cool-access
Contributor
Contributor

hi everyone. need  help

I recently sent the order to a customer. when the items are received by buyer. he open a dispute that items are not as described. but i sent same as what he wants. i respond his messages. but he want to return the items. i said ok return the items but buyer paid returns charges. he did not respond to my answer now. what can i do now? can i escalate to paypal? or what?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

MyMB
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David,

Good Morning,

I need your help to investigate a case ID: PP-005-588-646-732 

My buyer file a claim to me, reason is SNAD, I write a few thousands word reply to prove it is not SNAD case and provide a lot of evidences, but paypal decided in buyer favor and is going to refund the buyer if he prove he ship back the items to me in original condition.  I know sometime it is difficult for paypal to judge a case is SNAD or not, so usually paypal will decide in buyer favor, and I am not asking your help to decide it is SNAD or not, just that I study the paypal buyer protection policy (6.5 as shown below) and find out that buyer need to follow Paypal precudure and ship back the item to Seller's Registered Address, if not the claim may invalidate. The buyer actually did not follow Paypal claim procedure as shown by two evidences below:

(1) The buyer ship back the item even before he file for a paypal dispute.

(2) The buyer ship back to address that is not seller's paypal registered address

So I would like your help to investigate the tracking number and proof of shipment provided by the buyer especially the address and shipping date. After i read the comments from other peoples in this post, I worry paypal just handle all these claim cases by robot and not by human, that is why I need your help as a helpless seller. Thank you very much for your attention in this matter.

6.5 Statutory Rights and Rights under your Purchase Agreement The statutory and/or contractual rights of the Buyer and Seller are not affected by the PayPal Buyer Protection and are separate from PayPal Buyer Protection. PayPal does not act as representative for either the Buyer, the Seller, or any other recipient of the payment. PayPal only decides on the outcome of a PayPal Buyer Protection Claim. Please note that following the Seller’s return policy (if any) can invalidate your potential Claim in respect of the same item under PayPal Buyer Protection in certain circumstances. For instance, if the Seller directs you to (and you proceed to) post the item to an address that does not correspond with our records, we may determine that you have not posted the item back to the Seller in compliance with clause 5.2 above.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey guys,

I will try and answer your questions seperately now.

Don_R, did you send the item to your buyer with a tracking number? If you did, do you know if the tracking information confirmed the item had been delivered when the case was being reviewed by PayPal? 

If the tracking information only confirmed that the item was in transit, we wouldn't be able to confirm that your buyer had received the item and that would be why the case was found in your buyers favour. If your tracking information confirms delivery of the item to your buyer, you should try contacting us directly and we can review it further on your behalf.

Bespoke, I can't see what the type of case that was filed against you was. Do you know if your buyer claimed that the item was not received or it was damaged when it arrived? In most cases when a buyer claims that an item has arrived damaged, we would ask the buyer to return the item to the seller before closing the case in the buyers favour. If you would like any further information on this, you should try contacting customer services directly and we will be able to assist you further in order to get this resovled.

I hope this information helps you both with getting your cases resolved.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.