Paypal Transaction withheld since March 2011

nasa_steve
Contributor
Contributor

could someone please tell me why a payment made to my father from an Ebay sale in March has STILL not been fulfilled the Payment was made by a buyer and has cleared his account but has still not been credited to my father. the Paypal explanation is that there was a computor crash at Paypal meaning the payment has to be entered manually and this takes 5 months????? the next thing for my father we think is a court hearing!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there Nasa_steve,

To be honest, I have never heard of this happening to a customer when a payment was initiated from a buyers account. A payment should either fail or complete within a few days. The longest timeframe that I have ever heard of is 30 calendar days if the funds were unclaimed on the receipients side.

As I am unable to see your PayPal account, my best advice for you would be to try contacting customer services directly. We would be able to investigate it further and tell you exactly what has happened here. The only way that a payment would be able to be sent manually would be if your buyer clicks the Send Money tab from their PayPal account. By doing this, they would be able to send the funds manually to your PayPal account.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.