Payment pending

Laura_93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

Im quite new to ebay (10 days) and i have sold 2 items. The money for one item (£10) went striaght into my paypal account but the money for another (£38) is pending. I didnt enter tracking information but the buyer has recieved the item because she has left positive feedback but the money is still pending in my paypal account. The buyer did only recieve the item today and she left the positive feedback today.

Anybody know why its pending if she's recieved the item? and how long will it be pending for?

Thnak you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laura_93

Use ebays live chat and ask them to authorise paypal to release the funds.

This is an ebay not paypal hold, paypal just do as they are told by ebay for those holds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

Jahwit
New Community Member

HI. Yes..... Like many others, I'm having the same problem. I've just sold an item, got an 'ok to send' in PayPal, so I've posted the parcel off.

i then log into PayPal again to withdraw the funds only to see its pending? Why?

ive bought the NDDS older onebay abeit not not that often these day, for years. So. Why the sudden withholding funds?

im absolutely furious!!!!

i sold this item for an elderly relative who now wants the money.

heaven only knows how long I'll have to wait to withdraw it. I'm also panicking now as others are really struggling to get any Correspondence from either eBay or PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Jahwit
New Community Member

Sorry.. ThT last message message was a little jumbled. It should read... I have bought and sold the odd items on eBay for years with no bother.

definately won't be using EBay  or PayPal again.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laura_93

New seller hold that every new seller goes through.

Positive feedback does not count towards payment release.

More info on here >>>

www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ1377/1/?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Laura_93
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you
Login to Me Too

Laura_93
Contributor
Contributor
Any idea how long they hold it for?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laura_93

Its all in the link that i posted above.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

saintssl
Contributor
Contributor

The information in that link is rubbish. I've been a member for years and have sold many items so no reason why paypal should hold my money!

Login to Me Too

Laura_93
Contributor
Contributor

Well the link said I should recieve my payment after 7 days from the date that the buyer is supoosed to recieve the item.. well its been 7 or 8....and still its pending. Any advice on what i should do?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laura_93

Use ebays live chat and ask them to authorise paypal to release the funds.

This is an ebay not paypal hold, paypal just do as they are told by ebay for those holds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.