Payment pending after selling at Ebay

UncleRunkle
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've been selling and buying quite a few things on ebay lately, however, the funds I received for the latest item I sold are retained?

Let me quote the email I got:

"The money is being withheld temporarily since your Paypal account is new / you've only recently begun selling via Paypal" (roughly translated from German).

Why does this happen now? I feel like they are taking the **bleep** out of me since this is NOT neither first time I am using Paypal nor the first time I am selling on Ebay via this service.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Donna

Hi UncleRunkle,

It sounds like the payment is subject to a payment hold which applies to all PayPal accounts and there is no way we can override this. You will find more information regarding these holds here: http://ow.ly/6eL3302lAhR.

-Donna

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@UncleRunkle

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold as per link above possibly are >>>

1. New seller.

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.

4. Recent buyer disputes.

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.

6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

UncleRunkle
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick answer!

@kernowlass wrote:

@UncleRunkle

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold as per link above possibly are >>>

1. New seller.

Nope

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.

This was true 1 month ago

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.

Nope

4. Recent buyer disputes.

Nope

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.

Nope

6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

Nope - the previously sold items were in the same price range

Also, during the last month or so I bought 3 items off ebay ranging 300 to 400 $ each, but paypal seems to be quicker in taking my money than giving it to me it seems :-/.

Furthermore: I am being charged by ebay / paypal and they STILL withhold the money. I cannot really agree with this kind of practice.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your time!

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Donna

Hi UncleRunkle,

It sounds like the payment is subject to a payment hold which applies to all PayPal accounts and there is no way we can override this. You will find more information regarding these holds here: http://ow.ly/6eL3302lAhR.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

UncleRunkle
Contributor
Contributor

OK thanks for that, I wasn't able to find this information before. So basically this is a buyer protection mechanism.

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.