Payment on Hold

Cookieace
Contributor
Contributor

hello, I just recently sold my Ipod on ebay and recieved the payment through paypal immediatly.

Is there anyway in which the money will be released earlier into my Paypal account then the 21 days?

I am sending it recorded delivery, so after they have signed for it will it be released into my paypal account?

Thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

There are 3 ways to get your money asap.

1. If the buyer leaves pos feedback....although that is not instant.

2. If you enter your tracking number now into the transation info then as soon as it shows as delivered the money is released.

3. If 21 days pass without a dispute being raised.

So 2 in your case would be the quickest.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cookieace
Contributor
Contributor

Ok thank you.

Also ente4r the tracking number into the paypal bit or the ebay bit? or just do  for both?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Cookieace
Contributor
Contributor

hello again, all of my items have been signed for so why is some of my payment still on hold?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi Cookieace,

If you have a tracking number showing the item has been delivered to your buyer, you would need to contact us directly once the item has been delivered to your buyer within three days ago. Once we can confirm that the item has been delivered to your buyers address, we can then have the money released to your PayPal balance.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

conartists
Contributor
Contributor

What a load of carp, I have a tracking number and my payment is still on hold, you lie.

What are paypal going to do, call round to the buyers home and confirm reciept personally?

Why should we have to fight for our own money?

I am pretty sure paypal is acting above the law here.

HOW MUCH INTEREST DO THESE WITHHELD PAYMENTS GENERATE EACH YEAR?

Login to Me Too

tint

BUYER LEFT  +VE FEEDBACK ( after 3 days) , AND 21DAYS LATER  AND STILL WAITING FOR PAYMENT FROM PAYPAL,WE BOTH HAVE 100% FEEDBACK BUYER AND SELLER  300+ AND 200+.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Firstly its not instant on feedback being left or tracking being left and you need to email paypal to make them aware that you have met the criteria for fund release before 21 days are up and they will release the hold.

They have billions of transactions and can't check everyone to see this and its not automatic that payments are released before 21 days.

Also feedback is not the only criteria for funds to stop being held there are many other reasons.

Finally if you refuse to send an item to the buyer cus your funds are being held then it will encourage them to leave false feedback.

If you would like more info on when payments stop being held i will post them for you.

It is a pain but its only until you have a proven good seller record and we all have to go through it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.