PayPal installments collection

Roma1980
New Community Member
Hi, I had a bit of a new request for me through eBay, I have a large item bundle on eBay for around £2000. The potential buyer sent me a question asking if he could pay in installments via PayPal goods and then I ship the bundle on final payment. I did put on the listing it was collection only to which he said he could arrange this. I gave him two ways of which this would be acceptable, 1. To pay and on final payment come to collect with your passport and one other form of ID registered to the same as the PayPal address for me to make copies of/take a picture of with the buyer next to the item bundle with passport and other id in picture. 2. To pay a small deposit via PayPal for me to end the auction at the offer price then bring the remainder in cash to which we would deposit into the nearest bank and then he can take the item bundle. Both of these options were acceptable to him. Am I just being over cautious or is this the right course of action? Is there any way I could still lose out through either or these options? Thank you
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.