PAYPAL ARE THIEVES!!

SG80
Contributor
Contributor

AFTER HAVING TO WAIT 7 DAYS FOR THEM TO RELEASE A PAYMENT SENT TO ME FROM A BUYER, NOW THEY ARE EARNING MONEY ON MY MONEY BY KEEPING IT IN LIMBO FOR THE NEXT 4 DAYS!!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!!....... I AM DISGUSTED WITH THIS SERVICE AND WILL ENSURE EVERYONE KNOWS HOW TERRIBLE THEY HAVE BEEN.

ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS RECEIVE THE MONEY SENT TO ME AND SEND THE POOR BUYER HIS ITEM AND THEY HAVE CAUSED ISSUE AFTER ISSUE WITH THIS AND NOW I AM STILL HAVING TO WAIT ANOTHER 4 DAYS FOR THE STUPID PAYMENT. THEY ARE DISGRACEFUL. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND PAYPAL TO ANYONE AND WILL BAD MOUTH THEM TO EVERYONE.. SEE HOW THAT PUBLICITY WORKS FOR YOU!!!.... 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SG80

ok

but if i was your buyer you would be getting a very bad review from me as your buyer has paid you the instant your funds ''show'' in your paypal balance.

If you did not send promptly then if it was ebay you would be getting neg feedback, you should never wait for the funds to hit your bank account before you send an item.

As for your pending payment probably the new seller hold and then the withdrawal because its a new transfer.

Do you want the link to close your account??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SG80
Contributor
Contributor

Well your not my buyer, thankgod, and the item was sent promptly.  Considering i was being extra caustious after being conned previously by a buyer.

No i dont want the link, but do you want the link for how to give non-sarcastic feedback and helpful advise? It seems like you need it.  Clearly you do everything perfect in your life right?  People are still entitled to be frustrated at ridiculour procedures without having people like you being sarsastic and UNHELPFUL.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SG80

Oh ok so you can be as rude and abusive as you want when you post but I can't be sarcastic (in your opinion....I prefer to call it a factual reply),  back again???

Hmmm double standards that one. 

And i thought i was helpful, if someone wants to quote ''bad mouth'' paypal everywhere they go then why would they want to keep their paypal account open???   Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

SG80
Contributor
Contributor

Hahahahaaaaa... jesus, you REEEEEEALLY love paypal dont you. Bless

Yes correct, I can be rude and abusive in a post if i wish, the same as you can be sarcastic.  Its called free speech.  Regardless of if someone has their head stuck well and truely up paypals butt. 

It must be great being so angelic and never doing anything out of line with the 'moral code'.  However the penis on your forehead must make life difficult for you.  Smiley Wink

Blahhh waste of time on here as per....

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SG80

Nope, i don't love paypal at all, in fact i have a go at them for a lot of things but i am not rude and abusive about something that is 'normal'.

We all went through the new seller hold AND the first withdrawal of payments to the bank account and understood the reason for the delays.

So ranting in capital letters and being abusive for nothing at all is a tad sad.

So abusive, rude and ignorant, you have done well in 3 posts.

Don't hurry back and expect any help in the future will you AND as i said i will let you have the link to close your account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

berty100
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same boat as you are, as are several million other people (as you'll be able to see from the humungous amount of posts from other very angry people on the relevant forum subjects about holds and related matters; those posts are obviously the tip of the iceberg; most people wouldn't post on the forum, they'd just get annoyed and then refuse to use paypal).

There's really no solution other than using another provider and letting as many people as possible know what paypal do so that their business either collapses or they change their processes.

With paypal's current processes, it's only a matter of time before one of those 2 things happens, because they can't survive long-term by doing what they're doing as competition in their market will end up destroying them if they don't fix things.

I've personally made a complaint to the relevant UK authorities about paypal's processes, as they basically steal people's money (ie they hold onto it for as long as possible, even when there's no security/fraud or potential chargeback risk, so that they can earn interest from other people's money).

Make no mistake; the holds are absolutely nothing to do with fraud or security checks, or chargeback risk; those are just excuses and even when those excuses are confirmed as irrelevant in a given situation, they STILL keep your money, they ARE thieves.

So, my advice is:

1) Stop using paypal for any future payments.

2) As soon as the current money in your paypal account is fully available, withdraw it from paypal into your bank account.

3) Delete any links you have in your paypal account to your bank account or cards if possible.

4) Make an official complaint to as many authorities as possible in your jurisdiction (but keep your paypal account open while doing so, so that the authorities and you can see the history of the account).

5) Tell every person/business that you deal with who ever ask you about payment systems, including family and friends, to never use paypal, and tell them why.

You were lucky if you had the money held for 7 days; mine was repeatedly held for several weeks, and even after that (when it became "available for withdrawal"), they then held it for another few days while the withdrawal itself was put on a " withdrawal hold", and all that happened despite there being no physical goods involved at all (just virtual products/software, and service (time) paid in arrears), and despite there being zero chance of a chargeback risk as the clients and types of payments are identical to what I had on another paypal account which never has any holds on it because it's been running for so long without a single dispute ever.

Don't bother to phone their customer-services or message them; they'll just give you the standard "it's in our terms" reply and keep your money for as long as humanly possible, regardless of the situation.

My sympathy is with you; I know what it's like and how frustrating it is, but at the end of the day the only real solution is to simply never use paypal ever again, complain to as many authorities as you can, and tell everyone you know what a scam it all is.

Login to Me Too

Incandescent1

Be under no illusion, your emails go straight to India and will be ignored or answered by an operative who has no understanding of the situation, also PayPal management do not read any of these posts on any subject. If they did they would see how many people have been affected by them creating the biggest monetary slush fund scam in the world. If they had any kind of moral compass at all, surely they would have tried to rectify the perception many of us have been forced to believe. They say they hold our money for half a year to prevent fraud, when it is them who commit the fraud. They say they will protect us, but it is PayPal that has stolen our funds and has put many of us out of business. They act with impunity and do as they choose with our money and any possible interest earned from it, because they make it impossible to trade on eBay without a PayPal account and because they are not regulated by UK law. This makes PayPal a very shady monopoly at best, and guilty of organised crime at worst. I urge anyone with a frozen or limited account to research the subject and discover how rife this issue is. Then you should write to to your MP and tweet about it as often as possible! More people need to know that Goliath is kicking the crap out of David!!

Login to Me Too

berty100
Contributor
Contributor

@Incandescent1 "they are not regulated by UK law" - that's the crux of it, they're based in Luxembourg, people in the UK have virtually no protection against these scammers (ie paypal).

These are the details of the "PayPal" organisation that operates in the UK:

https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_FirmDetailsPage?id=001b000000Mg3m1AAB

NOTE: "This firm is not registered under the Money Laundering Regulations."

They are essentially only regulated in their own country (Luxembourg), and they might as well be in Nigeria or Afghanistan for all the good that does.

They are simply stealing people's money, and because they're based in a financial/legal/tax haven and have no presence in the UK at all, they should be avoided at all costs and treated/seen no differently then the emails that you get like "Mr Nogobo has left you $100million in his will, click here to enter your bank details to receive the money"

PayPal are scammers, pure and simple.

A note that I got from the FCA, included this:

"Paypal has something called a service passport, which means they don't have a presence in the UK but do business on a distance basis, for example, online. This means that they don't have a presence in the UK, and so they don't have to follow our rules about how they deal with customers."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.