New Seller

kerryfmcosmetic
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have just opened up a new Paypal account for my new self employed business, but I have the new seller status.

Now all I can find out about this is selling through eBay, which I am not. I have just linked up my eBay account (which is years old), just to try and bypass this.

I received a payment today for £20, but obviously cannot access these funds. Now without accessing these funds, I cannot process an order for my customer!

I am not the one delivering the item either, the courier used is DPD straight from the company, and I do not get a tracking number with this, only a text saying when the delivery will be arriving.

This is losing me a lot of potential customers as I cannot wait 21+ days to wait for a customers money to come in so I can process their order.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The point of the hold is so that the buyer receives and is happy with the item BEFORE you get your funds.

So if you are not going to process an order before 21 days then you are going to get a lot of disputes for non receipt of item.

The new seller hold applies to non ebay sales as well >>>

Why are my payments for non-eBay sales pending and how can I prevent this?

If you recently started to sell with PayPal and you don’t have any selling history with us, payments you receive (except eBay payments) are now being placed into your pending balance. As long as there are no problems with the transactions, you’ll have the money within 21 days.

Typically, you can access these payments within 7-14 days if you:

• Send the item to the buyer’s postal address, as shown on the Transaction Details page
  • Mark the item as sent on the Transaction Details page and provide the dispatch details (for digital goods, mark the item as processed on the Transaction Details page).

Once you complete the below requirements, you won’t be considered a new seller any more, and you should receive future payments sooner.

• Receive a predetermined number of payments
  • Wait a predetermined number of days from the date you received your first payment.

You can also view your remaining requirements and confirm your identity at any time by logging in to your account and visiting the Resolution Centre.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kerryfmcosmetic
Contributor
Contributor

Kernowlass, thanks for your reply

But see the problem here is I buy the products directly from my companies website, and the company ships out the items. Now without the money from the buyer, I can't process their order because I, myself do not physically have enough funds to pay for their order and delivery. The reason they pay me, is so I can order their item for them as only those signed up to the company can purchase on the website.

If someone orders a £50+ order, I cannot pay for that myself without their money, and even if I had the £50, that means I have to wait THREE WEEKS to receive my money back, and I cannot wait that long!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry i can only give you the facts as they stand.

I understand your problem but don't know how you are going to get around it.

You can ask your buyers when they place their order if they are happy to wait 21 days and hope they don't file a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kerryfmcosmetic
Contributor
Contributor

Is it against the T&C's to ask for a family member to do 10 transactions with me? Because I can do that.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry i can't answer that one, i don't work for paypal and would hate to say yes and then find your account was limited  Smiley Surprised

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kerryfmcosmetic
Contributor
Contributor

I've sent them an email, so hopefully tomorrow they will reply with a yes. Will update this thread tomorrow or Wednesday with the reply so other's can see it if they have the same question.

Thanks for your replies

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kerryfmcosmetic
Contributor
Contributor

Dear XXXX

, Hi, my name is xxxx from PayPal Customer Support.

To directly answer your concern, even if your friend and family made 10 transactions on your account but still your account doesn’t reach all of the criteria or status stated on our previous email, Payment Hold Policy will still be applied.

We’ll be unable to bypass or override the system as it will require us to provide a tracking number that shows the item was delivered for 3 days before the system allow us to manually release the payment.

I appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

So what I have taken this to mean is that I can get family and friends to send me 10 transactions, as that is all that is needed for me to remove the status, and he didn't say it wasn't allowed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.