New EBay Seller / PayPal Holds

Darren6
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, I'm new to selling on eBay. Anyway, on the 18 of June I sold my old game console on eBay to a buyer. On the 19th of June, I marked the product as dispatched through my linked PayPal transaction page, as I posted my item out on that day. My PayPal says the money is pending until the 9th of July. Can I get it any earlier even though I have sent my item but it has no tracking?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Darren6

Ebay releases funds when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days

OR

21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Darren6
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks but I saw this post in one of the Paypal policy webpages (https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/ebay-payments-learn-more) It stated: Typically you will get access to your funds within 21 days, and possibly even sooner: A) If you print postage labels through eBay or PayPal or use another carrier who provides tracking information and manually enter delivery tracking information on eBay funds will be available three days after the latest estimated delivery date. B) If you mark the item as dispatched but don’t upload tracking information, funds should be available seven days after your latest estimated delivery date. Or C) If you don’t provide tracking information or mark the item as dispatched, funds will be available in 21 days. So which is right? Am I eligible for the release after 7 days from ETA date? (Option B)
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Darren6

I have given you the facts, if you don't want to believe them then thats up to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Darren6
Contributor
Contributor
You say you have given me the facts BUT on PayPal website more information is included which you haven't mentioned off. I'm going to ask an ACTUAL PayPal moderator on Wednesday during the OFFICIAL moderator chat who may be a bit more experience and reliable with CUSTOMER SERVICE (and less rude like you). Goodbye!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Darren6

Feel free to ask who you want but the facts remain the same.

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies with 2 separate policies for holds for on or off Ebay transactions.

The link you show is when Ebay owned paypal which they no longer do.

The info I gave you is up to date so.............your welcome.

But don't worry I shan't bother to take my time to help you in the future.

Oh and heres the up to date link   Smiley Wink

https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

And again.......your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.