Negative Paypal Balance due to Payment Hold

RobinTheBird
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone this is my first thread and I wanted to ask about an issue that has arised recently.

Basically my friend sent me some money to pay for something that he could not do so himself. Then paypal gave the money I received a 21 day hold and he needed the money back for something urgently. He then sent a refund over to my account in the form of a "bill" which I paid. Unfortunately, because of giving him the money back, my account is now in minus. Surely it would have been deducted from the held funds?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RobinTheBird

Held funds are held so you can't use them until they are cleared. You could have phoned customer services and asked if they would release the held funds back to your friend.

I hope he is a real friend as if you did not use the 'refund' option then he could open a dispute and get the held funds back as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RobinTheBird

Held funds are held so you can't use them until they are cleared. You could have phoned customer services and asked if they would release the held funds back to your friend.

I hope he is a real friend as if you did not use the 'refund' option then he could open a dispute and get the held funds back as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.