My Email to Paypal hoping for answers

Seann
Contributor
Contributor

My complaint with paypal is simple. Paypal protect scammers and not the honest people using this horrible service.

1) in you tips for sellers you say:
Track your delivery: Always use a postal method that provides online tracking and proof of delivery, which you can send to the buyer as soon as you have a tracking number 

AND

Post carefully: Avoid posting to an address different to the one provided by PayPal

please could one of you tell me what these two tips mean. i mean, if i follow the tips above then surely i will have no problem. i sent you proof of delivery with it being signed for. but that was not good enough for you. i posted to the address provided on the paypal transaction, but again, that is not good enough for you. tell me what on earth  is the point of having such tips if you yourselves can pick whether or not to use them.

2) i sent the person a paypal money request, to the email linked with the account. he later that day paid for the phone via paypal. now as a seller i felt i was in safe hands with paypal. clearly i was wrong again because as soon as the phone was delivered i had a chargeback on my account.

i tried to fax copies of my proofs to paypal but i was given the WRONG fax number!!! my my my.....how very professional. now began the frustrating phone calls.... 
i spoke to a Paypal service adviser that day to get a working fax number and to ask about the case against me. he said that because it was a Paypal to Paypal cash transaction they had to verify it. now why on gods green earth was i able to withdraw the money if it was suspicious. silly silly Paypal leading people in to a false sense of security.
the following day i called Paypal again, and this time i was told that you were waiting for the buyer to contact you to say he authorized the payment. i then asked the unhelpful adviser what would happen if he did not contact Paypal. he said to me "PAYPAL WOULD REFUND THE MONEY BACK TO HIM" i could not believe it. the buyer had my phone and now he was going to get his money back. i then said "SO I AM BUGGERED " he then advised me to contact the police with the matter. the police have a lot more important stuff to cope with, they do not need me to ask them to go find my stolen phone. 

my overall impression of my experience with Paypal is that they protect the scammers. if a scammer buys something via Paypal, receives the item, they then file a complaint against the transaction, then the seller has no leg to stand on.

what is the point of Paypal. 

i know no one will reply to this email as i am sure you feel i am not important enough. but if someone would PERSONALLY reply to it i would be grateful. i would like some answers and explanations.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey there,

To be covered for Seller Protection the transaction must show as eligible in your History, you must send your item tracked to the address provided by PayPal and we advise you to retain the proof of postage.

If your transaction was PayPal Seller Protection Eligible and you provided us with the requested information then we would have recovered the funds for you.

Please view Section 11 of our User Agreement for information on PayPal Seller Protection.

Login to Me Too

Seann
Contributor
Contributor

Papal user agreement 11.2 section b of the seller protection programme states:

"sellers with registered PayPal Account(s) in the UK only: who receive PayPal payments from buyers making eligible purchases outside of eBay."

A buyer bought my item off ebay and requested I send him a papal money request. I obliged and sent him the request. He paid via the money request and I sent the item.

Once delivered I had a chargeback. I supplied papal with the relevant documents (proof of postage, proof of delivery papal user agreement 11.7) according to section 11.7 I am protected because I sent the documents papal wanted. 

I tried to fax them but the fax number on the papal fax cover note was wrong. I called up papal and I was given a new one. and by the looks of things the fax machine is located above the dustbin. I checked on the status of the documents I had sent by fax and all it said was "waiting for fax" I then tried to upload documents, which was successful. At this time I thought great, I should be OK. WRONG!!! 

From what I feel I am covered for seller protection because I supplied the required documents TWICE! I sent the package to the address of the buyer , the same address showing on papal. 

I am not going to sit here and argue and complain (seems like there are a lot of people complaining already) I have more important things to do with my time than argue over a cause that I have no chance in winning.  The buyer has my item, he got his money back and papal don't give a flying "insert profanity" about me.

Oh and by the way. The buyer has since been de-registered on Ebay because of his fraudulent behaviour. Well done papal, give yourselves a big ol pat on that back of yours!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey again,

Some payments are not covered under Seller protection, for example if the payment is marked as a service or if it is sent as Personal payment. Personal payments are not meant for transactions for actual items and we clearly state in Section 13.3 of our User Agreement that they are not covered.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.