Missing transactions in History log

tessdesigns

Recently made our very first two purchases through eBay and paid with our PayPal account according to the eBay order details.

Funds for the purchases have been debited from our credit card associated with the PayPal account , and are marked as PAYPAL *sellername, but there are no transactions showing in the PayPal history at all.

When clicking through to the PayPal transaction from eBay, we get the message "You can only view the Transaction Details of transactions listed in your History log"

Where are they??

Any help or suggestions appreciated - thanks

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

tessdesigns

UPDATE

Looks like we have made the mistake here. There is no credit card linked to our PayPal account, so we must have used that credit card to pay directly THROUGH PayPal but not actually USING our PayPal ACCOUNT.

The way the entry is marked on our credit card statement is a bit confusing, we think.

Problem solved. Hope post may help others with similar query.

Login to Me Too

Khal-Morr
New Community Member
I am having the same exact Problem and I am hoping for someone to fix this I am worried I am not going to receive any money
Login to Me Too

AnnoyedUser1
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here.  Transactions of money I've sent and money received,  *completely missing* from the transaction history.  This is completely unprofessional and should be fixed at once if PayPal wants to maintain an image as a reputable company.  I almost booked an unneccessary flight because I could find no record of it in my Paypal history.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Khal-Morr & AnnoyedUser1,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

As Tessdesigns mentioned in the post above, it's very likely that you both made one off payments here with your card details rather than through your PayPal account. 

When this happens, PayPal processes the payment in the background but the transactions would not appear in the 'History' section of your PayPal account. Certain websites offer this feature if you choose to pay without logging into your accounts you see. In these situations, I'm afraid the transactions would only be visible on your card statement.

I hope that makes sense. 

Have a great weekend!

Conor

Login to Me Too

AnnoyedUser1
Contributor
Contributor

You are incorrect.  I don't have a card registered with PayPal.  And as I mentioned there  are transactions both sent from my account, and received, missing.  Perhaps instead of making guesses based on wrong assumptions someone from Paypal could try contacting me and actually trying to solve my problem.  Somehow I doubt that will happen.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi AnnoyedUser1,

Thanks for coming back to us here.

I wonder if you're running into some type of technical issue in that case.

We want to help but as this is a member to member forum, I'm afraid we don't have access to account specific information on this platform.

Would you consider contacting us on one of our other social media channels instead? That way we could pull up your details on our end to take a closer look.

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

We look forward to hearing from you AnnoyedUser1,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Branded_EU
Contributor
Contributor

2017 and still the same issue, it is very unprofessional.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.