Lost Parcels

jackthelad
New Community Member

I am so mad and cannot speak to anyone. I have been dealing with the Post Office about a lost item I sent to a customer out the goodness of my heart but no more will I do this.My customer  has only waited a few days and opened a case against me for not receiving a item. We have to wait 15 days from the post office and I  have been forced to refund out my money for the post office losing a parcel, my pay pal accout was put on hold. In effect held to ransom. This will not happen again. Any lost parcels I will forward proof of posting to customer and let them deal with it. This is madness how dare Ebay and Pay Pal treat us this way and we have no redress or are able to talk to anyone about this Be warned.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Proof of posting is not proof of delivery.

If your buyer does not get their item then of course they need a refund.

Your buyer did file too early though.

However sending them your proof of postage is a waste of time as if you can't prove to paypal the buyer received their item you are forced to refund them and need your POP to claim your money back from royal mail.

After all you would not like to pay for something and not receive it would you?

I tend to send anything over £30 trackable and then if lost in the post i refund the buyer and claim from royal mail.

Anything under £30 ish i take the risk and send normal post but if a buyer says they don't get the item i just refund them.

Does not happen very often and nearly always i can sort it with my buyer and if htey know i will refund them they don't open a dispute. I ask them to wait about 10 days and then go ahead with the refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.