Lifting the 21 day money hold

roger-b
New Community Member

How can I lift the 21 day hold on my funds? I have 100% feedback, over 25 Detailed seller ratings, am not selling anything unusual, have attempted to lift entering required feilds on form correctly but still wont let me...Grrrr

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

KCAIL201612
Contributor
Contributor

Welcome to paypal , unfortunatly it never matters to paypal how long you have been a member or how positive your history is they will always surprise you with a naughty little reason to deny your access to your funds.

They claim that this is for security reasons and that other companies do the same but this is a flat out lie .

I have been a member for over 2 years , i signed up mostly because ebay had the silly requirement that you had to have a paypal account in order to sell ( luckily they got smart and kicked this requirement and now paypal to the curb )  first they started to put a hold on every transaction , ok i did not have a problem with this because the account was new and i had no feedback or selling history on ebay ,  then eventually they lifted the hold policy but now almost 2 years later they started to impose holds on larger sales which once again i understood because the sales were much higher than my average ticket but now they changed policy again and impose a 7 day hold on every ebay sale not just the big ones .

I have a 97% positive feedback rating and had no chargebacks and only one or two disputes, i also have a merchant account with first data , the processing volume with them is significantly higher than what we process with paypal , we never had any issues with our merchant account and unlike paypal they transfer the funds from every sale directly into our checking account within 2 Days !

If you are selling on ebay quite a bit you really need to look into getting a merchant account , there is a wealth of companies out there offering merchant accounts for small sellers at reasonable terms and much lower fees that what you pay with paypal

Login to Me Too

SteveDub
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Will I incur any of these funds restrictions if I  have a long standing personal PayPal account and upgrade to a business account? I want to start drop shipping on eBay but I obviously don't want any surprises, I need funds available to pay for stock immediately.

Thanks,

Steve 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hey Steve, 

Thanks for posting your question here. If you are a new seller the holds can occur with a personal or a business account. It does not matter what kind of account you have. The selling history is what is relevant in case of these holds. If you have not sold items regularly the holds can be placed on the payments. This link will give you more information

Dian. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.