Interest Free Loan?

Itsnojoke
Contributor
Contributor

I have funds "Pending" for 21 days so decided to take a look at the posts here, there are loads of members with held funds, it looks like the biggest topic and it must amount to a shed load of money globally...I know the banks have to increase their reserves but why should we have to bear the cost?

If there were a really good reason for withholding payments to me I would be more understanding,  but the feeble "in case there's a dispute" argument really does not cut it.      I feel insulted by their action,  they clearly think I would behave badly if a dispute were to occur, so having looked at my listings they decided to hang on to my payments 'just in case'...how ludicrous.   

I also find it really disheartening to see ebay & PayPal instantly deducting their fees whilst withholding the residue from my account, and I agree with the members who see "Pending" as a euphemism for "Interest Free Loan".

I'm stopping trading on ebay for a while to cool off, in the mean time I'm going to investigate other auction sites, I hear ebid may be good.

Hope you get your money soon!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal cannot get interest on e-money.

If you look at how many new sellers put on their auctions "not responsible for items lost in the post" etc then you will see why paypal holds payments on new sellers.

We have all gone through it and no biggie its only 3 weeks max after all and a lot quicker if your buyer leaves pos feedback or tracking shows delivery earlier.

As paypal have buyer protection they have to pay the buyer back if the seller refuses so its understandable they want to protect themselves.

I would rather wait 3 weeks for £50 on ebay than 1 day for £15 on ebid!!! You won't get buyers paying as much on ebid as their is no buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.