Im in need of urgent help

Gegi
Contributor
Contributor
Hey PayPal community, Im in need of urgent help asap! The story: Im a casual seller and a middleman. A guy added me on skype, claiming he wanted my middleman services. I got in it. I had to buy him some orbs in Path of Exile. How the middleman service was working: 1. He sent me the money 2. I bought the goods on behalf of his name from the site playerauctions 3. He got the items. Now the problem is, turned out that he may have hacked multiple Paypal accounts, since I got disputes, claims from the accounts, that the payments were unauthorized. I didnt realize he was doing it, since he said:"im gonna ask my friend to send money". So all in all, he left me with !!! -950.46$ !!! And he left with the stolen goods from another 3rd party. Now I really dont know what to do. Im really hopeless and depressed. What should I do? Please Paypal community, im in big trouble.. 😞
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hey Gegi.

I'm sorry to hear what has happened recently on your PayPal account.

These types of people would target people like yourself to commit these types of fraudulent transactions through the PayPal system unfortunately.

Firstly, you should try contacting your local police and report this to them as you have been a victim of fraud here. Then you should try responding to any cases that are filed against you through your PayPal account with as much detailed information as possible regarding what has happened.

When the cases are reviewed by a member from the relevant team, they will review all the information to hand and make a decision on the outcome of the case. You will then be notified of the outcome via email. It's possible that the transactions may be reversed to the sending account if unauthorised payments are verified to have been sent. This is why the police will need to investigate this further to try and track this person down who committed the fraud.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.