I think I have been scammed

dylankbuckley
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer requested a chargeback on two transactions, and paypal ruled in his favour in a matter of minutes leaving my account with a negative balance!!! How can I contact PayPal and dispute this? Their site won't let me select those transactions to dispute.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dylankbuckley

If it was a 'chargeback' then it wasn't a paypal dispute, a chargeback is done directly via the buyers credit card issuer and they are the ones that make the decision and not paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dylankbuckley
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass I got an email saying I had 7 days to dispute and then a few minutes later another one saying "We’ve confirmed the transaction was unauthorised and have refunded $543.00 USD to the buyer". 

What am I supposed to do? I am now hundreds of pounds out of pocket!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dylankbuckley

ok then it sounds like an unauthorised dispute and not a chargeback.

An unauthorised dispute means that a paypal account has been hacked and used by ?your buyer without the account holders consent.

If paypal find that that is true then of course the account holder gets their funds back again BUT you would equally not lose out and would be reimbursed by paypal as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection.

If you are sure that you did and you have not been reimbursed then give customer services a call to appeal the decision.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.
When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dylankbuckley
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Wasn't a physical good. So I guess I have lost £500...

There needs to be a way to stop this / fight it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.