I sold an item and money refunded/reversed back to the buyer as of unauthorised access.

alyict
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys, 

Very confused I am, I sold a phone on eBay, payemnt received and item delivered to the buyer with proof of postage provided on Paypal.

Now Paypal is saying that the buyer's account was accessed without his permission/hacked therefore all the funds have been reversed back to the buyer. 

I have uploaded the proof of postage and it was received by the buyer through Royal Mail. evidence provided to paypal. I need the funds back to my account as its none of my concern if the buyer's accoutn has been used unauthorised. I should be covered in Seller Protection.. why I am been stressed this much for someone else's account issue. ??

I have already lost the item and dont know what to do next. 

Paypal has reversed the funds back to the buyer and I now dont have acces to the item either. Please help !!!! 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK then that is good, so go read up on all the other criteria and if you met them all then paypal may well reimburse you.

Do you have a personal or a business account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If a buyers account has been hacked and used without his consent then of course he should have his money back.

HOWEVER if you met all the requirements of seller protection then you would not lose out either as paypal would reimburse you.

But it does not sound as if you qualified for seller protection as you only had proof of postage and not signature proof of DELIVERY of the item to the paypal registered address at the time of the transaction.

You really need to read up on seller protection before you start selling, you don't have to have it but if you choose not to send trackable it is a risk you take.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

alyict
Contributor
Contributor

I do have the sigature proof as well through the royal mail delivery signed for delivery service. 

currenlty my paypal account says negative balace and payment has been reversed. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK then that is good, so go read up on all the other criteria and if you met them all then paypal may well reimburse you.

Do you have a personal or a business account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

alyict
Contributor
Contributor

Just to add to the comments:

I have provided the trackable next day delivery proof. It was delivered to the registered delivery address at the time of transaction and the signature proof is available as well. 

Do you reckon, I will be reimbursed with the funds? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You need to go to the user agreement and read all the rest of the criteria.

Also as i asked do you have a premier / business account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Aldred411
Contributor
Contributor
Hi , I've received an email yesterday , informing me that , the persons bank that I sold my Xbox 360 too back in February 2013 has requested the 127 pounds that they paid for it , seriously it's now April 2015 , pay pal want me to provided proof of postage which obviously after 2years and 2 months I haven't got it , I can't even access the transaction on eBay because it was so long ago , also it's not like there even trying to return the Xbox , not that I want it back, tried phoning PayPal they were closed, I can't resolve the case in the resolution centre as it won't let me challenge or ask for a explanation, I messaged PayPal but no reply , contacted ebay they said contact paypal . I really am not happy
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its up to you to meet the criteria of seller protection.

If you sent the item trackable and uploaded the number on to paypals site on that transaction you would have been ok even after all this time.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Aldred411
Contributor
Contributor
Cannot access tracking information as eBay dose not store it after a certain period. Two years two months has passed you don't get a refund after this time , even if the item didn't turn up ,if PayPal wants to refund this person then fine they can but they can pay it , b cause I aint , personally as I'm suffering from a very bad case of depress at the moment , and have been signed off of work , I have a good mind to sue PayPal , for metal anguish, they are Linda lucky that someone was with me when I recieved that email. Going to also contact the papers ,see if ther interested.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.