I have been charged twice for a refund?

cbear117
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I sold a Jacket on ebay for the value of £220. I very, very stupidly elected not to have it sent via recorded delivery and the package "has not arrived" at the buyer. Regardless of the fact he may be lying, the fault ultimately lies with me for not protecting myself via recorded delivery and I will take this an expensive lesson learnt. I issued the buyer a refund which for some reason, failed to process under the pretense of "insufficient funds" even though I definitely had the money to cover it. My PayPal went into a negative balance and to continue using PayPal I had to correct that balance which I did. I assumed that now I had been charged and had to pay the full amount back into my account that the buyer had got his refund, and it was taken from my bank account and paid back to PayPal. To make sure that I had paid him back, I even contacted PayPal customer support as I was concerned that I was still getting emails about an "unresolved case" (the same case, in truth). I was told that I would not be charged anymore and that the buyer had got his money back. Out of nowhere, a few hours ago I got an email from eBay saying that the buyer had now got his refund via my "preffered method of payment" and now my PayPal clearly shows that I have been billed the £220 on two different occasions. I am now very worried and unsure how to proceed as not only am I £440 out of pocket now, I have ALSO lost a valuable jacket. To soften this immensely frustrating experience, I would obviously like one of the payments back and would appreciate any help anybody can give. Is this common? Will I definitely get my money back?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Emilia

Hi cbear117,

thans for reaching out to us on our community 🙂

I'd suggest to contact us on our Twitter or Facebook. We'll be help to ask you further information.

You can also contact our Customer Service. Here's the phone number: 0800 358 7911

Hope that helps. -Emilia

Login to Me Too

tomos92
Contributor
Contributor

The exact same thing has happend to me! Did you ever get this resolved? if so, HOW?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi tomos92 and welcome, 

Was there a case also opened for this transaction? If so then it may be that as you have already been charged for the refund you will receive a credit for the funds to your PayPal balance once the case is closed. 

Thanks for posting

Paula 

Login to Me Too

tomos92
Contributor
Contributor

The case was closed but my account was never re credited. I had no option but to cancel the bank transaction as I was unable to pay my rent and now my paypal account has been complteley shut down.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.