cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does "payment under review" process take?

Options
john_matrix
Contributor
Posted on

Hi, I sold an item on ebay yesterday. The funds went through and almost immediately but I was then informed by paypal that the buyer's payment was under review.  Paypal's website says it will take about 24 hours to complete this review.

Does anyone know if these types of reviews" do actually take 24 hours to complete before they release the finds to me?

If it's likely to take several days I'm inclined to just refund the payment to the buyer, but then I have the hassle of trying to get my seller fees back from eBay.  ugh!!

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Options
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

Your buyer has paid and its not their fault that they are subject to a random security review.

You can't file for your fees back as the buyer is not a non paying bidder and can prove they paid.

If you refund you may end up with neg feedback.

Normally the reviews are up to 48 hours but we have had bank holidays so may be a bit longer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Options
JoeyMas
Contributor

If the buyer does not have the money and the seller does not have the money.... The only theft is by PayPal.....

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.