Help with refund request

SarahCook
New Community Member

Hi,

I wonder if you could help, please? I have sold a few things on Ebay before with no issue but now someone has raised a refund request and the only options I seem to have is to accept it. I sold a wireless camera and monitor to someone, which is used, but was working perfectly fine before I sold it. She has said it stopped working after 10 minutes and it was fully charged (she has had it almost a month at this point). I spoke with the manufacturer who suggested it could be a very simple case of changing the battery, which would cost £7. I sent through a partial refund of £15 to cover the battery and some time towards it, even though I really don't think it is my fault, but wanted to play fair. They have rejected this and said they will retry it. I have until the 15th February - what happens then, will eBay just go ahead and refund it any way?

Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi there SarahCook,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community!

I am sorry to hear that a buyer has requested a refund for a camera that you sold. Was the dispute opened on eBay or on PayPal? If the payment was disputed on eBay, you will have to contact them directly to solve the issue with the buyer. 

If the case was opened on PayPal, if the dispute has not been escalated to a claim yet, in general, you have 20 days to find an amicable solution with your counterpart. If this does not happen, you can escalate the case to a claim and let PayPal take the decision. Once the case has been escalated, you will have 20 days to respond and provide additional information that the relevant department will review within 30 days. You can find more information about how to respond to a claim here

Hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.