HELP: Funds withheld TWICE, but ONLY refunded ONCE

bidding4item
Contributor
Contributor

I'll just post a copy of my message that I sent to PayPal almost two weeks ago, but yet to receive a reply. I'd really appreciate if someone can help.

GRADE A+: Apple iPhone 6 - 16GB - Gold/White (Unlocked), Boxed + Access.£249.99 Item number 332109273891  

Transaction ID:4U127311EU9466213 

The sale was made on the 8th of Feb and a return case was opened on the 22nd Feb, resulting in 'automatically' £249.99 (£240.04) being withheld until the case was resolved. *(This was deducted from my balance on the 22nd of Feb).  

I received the returned phone on the 3rd March and immediately contacted eBay as the motherboard had been swapped out and I provided eBay with clear evidence. I was told a case would be opened and investigated by eBay UK & eBay France experts.  

On the 4th of March my opening balance was +£110 (inc. the money previously withheld on the 22nd of Feb). But after a new case for the very same transaction was opened on my behalf by eBay, ANOTHER £249.99 (£240.04) had been withheld resulting in a negative balance -£130.04 - previously £249.99 (£240.04) had already been withheld from my balance on the 22nd of Feb 

Why has the payment for this same transaction been withheld twice from my balance? (£249.99 (£240.Automatically on the 22nd Feb when the case was opened and £249.99 (£240.04) on the 4th March when 'eBay' opened a case to investigate).  

You surely can't withhold the same payment twice? The hold from the 22nd should've been transferred from the 22nd of Feb to the 4th of March, which would've meant my balance staying exactly the same. If not, then why was a further £249.99 deducted from my balance? Where has it gone?   

I have been refunded the money taken on the 4th of March on the 7th of March as eBay was convinced by my evidence. But where have the funds on hold disappeared from the 22nd of Feb? 

Please can you look in to this ASAP and tell me where the £249.99 on the 22nd of Feb went so that I can provide eBay with the evidence. 

BOTTOM LINE: The hold from the 22nd of Feb should've ben transferred to the 4th of March. I shouldn't have lost a further £249.99 (£240.04) - my balance should've remained the same on the 4th of March as the hold should simply have been transferred. 

I would like this resolved ASAP

Kind Regards 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Duplicate thread.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bidding4item
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for the double post... I think this forum is most relevant to my problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.