Funds on Hold for 21 days?!

IntrovertedMe
Contributor
Contributor

I am very angry. I've been selling items for a good year now and funds have always been released right now. Now all of a sudden I have this funds on hold for 21 days and won't get it until 5th of Jan 2015! This has never happened before and I have contacted Paypal via email but it always says the same thing.

I also did what was suggested by getting my funds released earlier. I shipped the item even though funds were still on hold and the buyer should get the item before Xmas. I receive positive feedback on all the items I have sold.

So I have no clue as to why this has happened suddenly.

Very frustrarted. Surely this isn't legal?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Info in link below >>

http://sellerupdate.ebay.co.uk/autumn2013/changes-payment-holds

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FreidaK
Don't feel too bad - I've been a customer since BEFORE 2004 and they put a rolling reserve on my account too! A 90 DAY RESERVE!!? I've NEVER had a customer complaint or reverse of payment, nothing. I'm thinking it must be my PERSONAL credit score? I don't appreciate this but I don't think it will help to complain, idk. Have you received any help with this(besides the link given)? I've NEVER had an eBay complaint either...
Login to Me Too

IntrovertedMe
Contributor
Contributor

Well, the good news is they released my funds two days ago.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.