Funds being held.

eugh
Contributor
Contributor

Do forgive my rant-but I am sick to the back teeth with this...

I am trying to make some money by selling some of my favourite belongings as I am not working, Paypal is making it so difficult for me by placing my money on hold for 21 days. I can't force the buyer to leave feedback and if Paypal took the time to look..all deliveries were sent recorded and the electronic signature is there for them to see that it was flawless! I have had no disputes and have given a refund straight away the one and only time when there has been a problem. This is very unfair, I send my own things and get money for them-money which I can't have! How is this fair? When will they stop holding my money?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

woodandknifesup
New Community Member

Well...I was just subject to paypal taking a unilateral decision to withold my money.

I did explain that it clearly states that the seller will not dispatch good until receipt of 'cleared' finds......cleared funds means if I chose I can download them to my bank account.

Needless to say the paypal machine will trundle on in it's own sweet way.

I have voted with my feet, closing the ebay shop I opened less than 2 weeks ago.

The more people vote with their feet the better.

I for one will be seeking alternate payment solutions on my other websites.....yep other sites.....ooops did not consider that did you paypal.....

Anyway I realize I am but a speck in the paypal world however, I will be investing much time in publicising this shameful move by paypal and encouraging alternate payment methods.

We really do need a big alternative to paypal, they are too big and make unilateral decisions without warning even if it contradicts ebay policies.....

Shame on you paypal and shame on ebay for allowing this to happen.

Yours underwhelmed

T

Login to Me Too

yoyogo91
New Community Member

I sold 2 items on 17th july and buyers paid instantly through Paypal.  i recieved Positive feedback from both in a matter of 2 days.  Paypal credited me for 1 sale.  In spite of several emails I have had no replies about the second.  I have confirmation from customer that the funds cleared from her bank on the 20th July.  It makes no economic sense to call their  telephone helpline and pay international call charge to claim the £15.99 they owe me.  What is going on?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

There are a few different reasons in regards to why your payments may be getting placed on hold when they are being received in to your PayPal account. The most common reason is that you are a new seller with less then 90 feedback as a seller on your eBay account.

I realise that you may had received positive feedback on two items but only one was released. This should be automatically released within 24-48 hours. If it still has not been done, you can try contacting us directly and we can have it released once we can see positive feedback has been received.

Another way to have the funds released is if you have a tracking number showing the item was delivered to your buyer at least three days ago. If you contact us with the tracking number, we can then have the funds released to your account once we can see that the item has been delivered.

I understand that this may be frustrating but it has been introduced in order to encourage good buying and selling between customers on PayPal and eBay.

I hope the information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

alpid
Contributor
Contributor

Are paypal saving up for Christmas?

Suddenly, it seems any non ebay payments i receive into my account are being targeted and put on "HOLD", i think this routine is more akin to a "HOLD-UP". I have answered questions in the res centre, i sent an email for a more realistic explanation than the vague standard text issued on site,  ie: i have been given absolutely no indication of why my money is being held except again for the standard "unauthorised" one. I specifically asked if they can give me some indication of why only private non ebay transactions are being held, and could they please take the time to reply in non standard form. My reply from paypal! it reads like standard text lifted directly from the "unauthorised payment" paragraph. Shame on you pp, who the **bleep** are you to hold peoples money/income. This is not a security issue, it's an interest gathering issue, give me another reason for witholding funds for "90" days?

My witheld funds are from legitimate paypal users who owe me money, and for paypals information, I am also a legitimate user of this once well thought of and respected company, i wonder how much longer before paypal becomes known for something completely different!

Now i just need to see if this post gets reviewed and removed or even posted.

Login to Me Too

krnwlkr
New Community Member

Well said,,, this new system is a disgrace... we use pay-pal and ebay as a way of making some income,, how dare pay-pal hold OUR money!! i will be looking for alternatives from now on, shame on you pay-pal

Login to Me Too

alpid
Contributor
Contributor

I just had an interesting "chat" on the phone regarding this issue, According to him nobody else has this issue, just me. When i mentioned the forums, he said "those people on the forums don't know what they're talking about" so apparently we are all idiots!

Thankyou paypal, you succeeded again where everybody else has failed.

That has to go down as one of the most inhospitable conversations i have had without the rep slamming the phone down on me, totally unhelpful and abrasive to my querie to the point where i was made to feel like some kind of fraudster.

I am now actively looking for an alternative to paypal. Oh and by the way, i have to contact both my buyers to instruct them to  contact paypal to "authorise" their payments to me. What kind of security issue is that then??? Ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

justmikie

That's a helpful reply David, but I have my account on reserve for 60 days, I have over 200 feedbacks and no disputes, I always use Royal mail Special delivery, and NOBODY at paypal can tell me why I have a reserve on my account.

I am on the verge of closing all my accounts in protest.

In fact, one of your collegues on the phone told me to close my account and offered to do it there and then, how helpful and arrogant is that? He said that Paypal didn't need to provide a reason, they could baically do as they want, his words!

Frustrated as **bleep**!!!!

Mike

Login to Me Too

M0MVB
New Community Member

As new to ebay and paypal I'm finding it discussing that paypal can simply take my money without explanation, I understand that buyers need to be protected but what about the sellers. If I had known of this practice by ebay/paypal I wouldn’t of bothered creating accounts in fact as soon as the items I have listed sell and paypal release the funds I'll be closing the accounts as I wont be held over a barrel by waste of space self appointed gods of my money.

Login to Me Too

settingupmyownw
Contributor
Contributor

Well the 21day rule is making my cash flow as a new business near impossible

I going to develope my own website and stop using paypal ASAP

Being treated like a criminal when youve done nothing wrong is not acceptable

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.