Funds being held.

eugh
Contributor
Contributor

Do forgive my rant-but I am sick to the back teeth with this...

I am trying to make some money by selling some of my favourite belongings as I am not working, Paypal is making it so difficult for me by placing my money on hold for 21 days. I can't force the buyer to leave feedback and if Paypal took the time to look..all deliveries were sent recorded and the electronic signature is there for them to see that it was flawless! I have had no disputes and have given a refund straight away the one and only time when there has been a problem. This is very unfair, I send my own things and get money for them-money which I can't have! How is this fair? When will they stop holding my money?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

selwynha
New Community Member

Looks like i am joining your 'club'! Paypal have a hold on one of my items and it's been that long that I cannot use EBay 'second chance offers'.

I have e-mailed but get no reply!

Login to Me Too

Gus88
New Community Member

Im joining the club too, Ive been on a payment hold twice now ! Its so annoying! I havent even done anything wrong! Like its says above you cant force you buyer to leave feedback and if you tell them your on a payment hold it looks bad, GET ME OFF IT NOW !

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there, first of all apologies for this issue if you feel that it is excessive use of eBay’s power over the average seller. The holds are not there to make anyone’s life difficult; they are there to prevent fraud and sharp practice by fraudsters or scammers. However, that will also mean that many genuine sellers, like you, will have to experience discomfort as a result.

I suggest that proof of delivery to us here at PayPal or encourage your buyer to leave positive feedback . Your payment could then be released within 24 hours.

Login to Me Too

Scatty
New Community Member

Thats all very well, but how long do we have to wait to be able to access our funds "normally"?

Login to Me Too

terror
Contributor
Contributor

Just to say it happened to me & I think it went on for 90 days after my first sale.  It's hard trying to persuade your buyer to leave feedback without sounding desperate!

I did the following & it's gotta be worth a try for anyone else too.

Post using RECORDED DELIVERY service if your item isn't to big etc..

Check for delivery a few days later & if the parcels been signed for send an email to paypal showing details (copy & paste off RMail website) of delivery & paypal unique ID.

More often than not they released the funds pretty quickly. 

I know how you feel as I was just the same but at the end of the day there are so many con artists ready to take other peoples money and run & this is paypal way of stopping them 🙂

Login to Me Too

krnwlkr
New Community Member

THis is all well but it DOESNT happen,, i received positive feedback over a week ago, but my funds are still being held,, this new system is grossly frustrating and really needs looking at!!!

Login to Me Too

daz30
New Community Member

I have sold an item the buyer was asking if i had a lead to it i already told him this prior thats why i didnt list with my item now the buyer expects me to buy him a lead costing £50 now a hes opened a case now paypal have witholded all my money in my account how can i get this back do i have to wait till the case is resolved??? please help I think this is so wrong all my funds are for my wedding not nice at all this

Login to Me Too

andyhawne
New Community Member

For no reason other than vague perhaps and maybes paypal are holding all of my money for 21 days. I have 100% positive feedback and no cases against me and my seller dashboard averages between 5.00 and 4.92 satisfaction rating.

This is grossly unfair and so I will be closing my accounts and refunding current winning bids rather than giving E bay or this shower of twats any more of my money. If we all do this things must change. As it is buyers have massive protection and we have none!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Moving your posts here as a discussion has already begun on the same topic. Please read and contribute.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.