Ebay case resolved several days ago but money still on hold - killing me

mattxxx
New Community Member

So I had a crazy buyer on Ebay, who wasnt at home when his items were delivered, ignored tracking info which showed his items were at his local mail depot and submitted a dispute on Ebay instead.  This froze my funds on Paypal.  After a week, after sopme rather insistent communication, he picked up his items and then after five more days closed his dispute on ebay.  Ebay show the dispute as closed.  There are no ebay disputes apparent on the Paypal resolution centre, but my money for the transaction is still "Held" on Paypal, five days after the Ebay case was closed.  It has put my account in negative balance, which means that - randomly - Paypal is refusing to process other transactions.  

Most aggravating, there seems to be no way to contact Paypal to get them to sort out the transaction and release my funds.  There is no chat help, no apparent email address to contact and the "call Customer Service" feature is a joke, just sending me to a pointless recorded message which cannot help me in any way.  Is there any way to get Paypal to resolve this sort of issue.  Its not the first time crazy buyers making stupid disputes has messed my balance up, but this one is dragging on much longer than it should.  It makes me increasingly wary of the value of accepting PayPal as a seller - their absolute lack of customer support on this sort of thing is frustrating and damaging.  What can I do next?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mattxxx

Paypal may have reinstated the new seller hold if you have had recent disputes.

Does it give you a clearance date?

If you want to contact paypal then click on help contact bottom of this page and there is an email option and a phone option.

If you select the latter then  >>

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.