Do i send the delivery now or do i wait till money in my account and then send?

jackh112
Contributor
Contributor

Ive sold some shoes on Paypal and it says it will take 21 days for the money to come into my account so do i send the shoes now even though the money is not in my account or do i wait until it is and then send them.

What sort of protection do i have and how should i go about this because i dont want to be cheated and if i did how would i get my money back?

thanks.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jackh112

Ebay or private sale?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jackh112
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jackh112

ok then this link should explain it  >>

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/fundsavailability

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jackh112
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thats good but what if they swap the items and say its not as promised even though it is? Does that mean i would have to refund it or something? (how am i protected from swapping)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jackh112

A buyer can file a dispute for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

So you need to read up on seller protection so you can risk assess your transactions as protection is never 100% and you are always going to get the odd bad transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jackh112
Contributor
Contributor

Ok thanks so should i send it now or wait till i get the money and should i take pictures and add delivery tracking and should i put a black dot hidden in the shoes so if he sends it back i can tell if they are have been swapped etc. @kernowlass and if someone has already purchased something but you think something is suspicious can you cancel their order?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jackh112

You need to actually read the link that i posted for you and then go read up on seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jackh112
Contributor
Contributor

This was a scam how do i report it - the email is gmail.com @kernowlass

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.