Customer received automatic refund from paypal that I didn't send

Neenacreates
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I was contacted by a customer who purchased an item from me via Etsy, paid with PayPal...but minutes later Paypal refunded her and the order was canceled. I've also sent an inquiry to Etsy because we're not sure on whose end made the cancellation first. Customer called her bank and said the payment went through, and she says she has enough money in her account. She also tried purchasing from another Etsy shop and the same thing happened.

I never received any notifications from Paypal or Etsy about any transactions or sales.

Does anyone have any insights or advice? 

Thank you!

Penelope

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

As your question is account specific I recommend reaching out to our customer service by phone or on Facebook/Twitter.

-David R

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

BoxMnstr
Contributor
Contributor

I've had one customer trying to place an order four times in my Etsy shop today and the same thing happened. She contacted me but Ihad no other notifications from Etsy or PayPal. Would love to get some advice too! 

Thank you!

Barbara

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

As your question is account specific I recommend reaching out to our customer service by phone or on Facebook/Twitter.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.