Chargeback

Patrick-123
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

When I last checked my paypal, I had a chargeback against me which was completed without my knowledge, the case was closed within like 4 hours with it being opened. I saw that my balance was in the negatives.

This payment was for virtual items. The user has paid this through our store and received the items automatically. They have also accepted the Terms and Conditions and the Terms of Service when they made the order.

I sent an email to paypal and I got a automatic response with nothing related to this so I replied to it and a few minutes ago I go an email back about some Seller Protection. That email had nothing to do with this!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Patrick-123

Well it did because you have NO paypal seller protection if you sell virtual items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

In the event of a chargeback it is done directly via the buyers credit card company and they make the decision and not paypal, so if you lose out paypal will reimburse you IF you met all the criteria of seller protection.

But as you sold a virtual item then you did not meet that seller protection and so you were not reimbursed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Patrick-123
Contributor
Contributor
So I can't get the money back because it's a virtual item although they accepted the terms and conditions which states that there are no refunds under any circumstances. Those terms and conditions can be found here at nyxerianetwork.buycraft.net and nyxeria.enjin.com . Anything I can try to get the money back because I'm the one that is suffering as I can't afford to run the network. Many other network Owners say that as long as you have a ToS and a TaC, you're covered. They shown me screenshots of them winning charge backs.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Patrick-123

Yes i understand your point BUT you agreed to paypals rules when you opened an account and you agreed to their seller protection policy at the same time.

Why not contact customer services direct and see if you can appeal the chargeback? But as its now closed I don't think you have a lot of hope........but if you don't try you will never know.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.