Can PP be trusted?

PatJ
New Community Member

How can tell my clients to use a so called trusted method of payment when I can't trust you myself?  Given the charges you take, the large company that you are and how long you have been going, I feel you really need to raise your game. Google checkout can do it, why can't you??  I also suspect you made a mint whislt I was waiting to talk to someone at your customer service ... nice!  Not at all happy ...

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_barry

Hey there PatJ, we do listen to and understand your issues. As PayPal grows, and technology advances, we are faced all the time with new challenges. In the last year or so for example, we have updated and improved our Buyer and Seller Protection Policies.

You are however, right in what you say; other companies are offering great protection policies. We feel that we are too.  We are constantly looking at what we are doing, and also at competitors and what they are doing, and trying to improve all the time. It is a long process and sometimes new policies and initiatives are introduced that are very unpopular with Sellers/Buyers. However we feel that in the long run, if PayPal becomes a safer place to spend and receive money. Then that will make it worthwhile, for you as well as your buyers.

I don’t know if that is going to convince you or make you any happier with our service. But I felt we should at least give you, and all the other traders out there, our side of the story.

Login to Me Too

spenn
Contributor
Contributor

I have now stopped using paypal since I got 'the message' ( ie. we want to steal free use of your money etc) 

I have made sure the balance is almost zero but slightly in credit ( under £1)

And now I am happy to let it sleep- (as I refuse to be blackmailed by paypal with my own money)

But I am wondering? will this hold expire at some point even with zero use? Or shall I just close it completely now?

Although having a paypal account might be useful occasionally sometime in future ( not for ebay) if this 21 day hold status is going to stay there then  I will close it completely now.

Other than for large heavy cash on collection only items I am not going to be using ebay ever again if this 21 day hold risk exists. sad but true. I am finding other ways to sell my stuff now.

advice from someone who knows the answer to this appreciated. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

I have moved your message here, as I feel the answer above will outline, I hope, PayPals side of the story.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.