CLAIM CLOSED AFTER 5 DAYS BUT NO REFUND .HOW CAN THIS BE?

s0m1c
Contributor
Contributor

I  bought a Incontinence Sheets online and after 2  weeks  of waiting I contacted seller and explained no Incontinence Sheets received.  He send me a message "I will refund when I get my money back from Royal mail, unless eBay decide to refund you prior to then refund. I open a item not received dispute with papal and make a claim. On third day I received a mail from papal saying Because you have filed a claim with eBay for this transaction, this case
has been closed
. I have had or done neither,so why have they done this and why haven't I received refund before dispute was closed.I have tried ringing seller,no answer and tried ringing papal and was on phone for 5 mins answering silly questions and then told to either hang up or return to main menu again.I am pulling my hair out.Why cant we just talk to people so we can explain problems.Anyone know how i can get my refund

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

s0m1c
Contributor
Contributor

Great help! Sorted out! Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_david

Hi there Som1c,

There is a lot of confusion from people in regards to eBay and PayPal disputes. What was happening when the eBay disputes process was introduced was that some customers were receiving a refund from both PayPal and eBay.

In order for us to reduce the likleyhood of this happening, any time a dispute is opened on PayPal and eBay, we would close the PayPal dispute and advise the customer to follow up with the dispute through their eBay account.

The best advice I can give you is to call eBay directly on 0800 358 6551 in order to determine the exact status of the dispute through your eBay account.

I hope this information helps Smiley Happy.

David.

Login to Me Too
Solved

s0m1c
Contributor
Contributor

Great help! Sorted out! Thanks!

Login to Me Too

angie77
New Community Member

Hi i am also waiting on 40 pounds worth of refunds from paypal but they close the case and dont give me the money 4 times worth 40 pound i had two refunds for postage and the other two were goods that they couldn't send. i spoke on the phone to one of paypals colleagues he was useless and rude its been two months all companys have sent an email confirming they returned the money and yet i have nothing i am taking this further as this is stealing paypal are with holding it for no reason and wont answer my questions.  Something needs done as i am obviously not the only person. Also once they close claim you cannot open another about same transaction what are we suppose to do.  its fraud stealing however you look at it i am so angry but i wont give up. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there angie77,

When this dispute was closed recently, you should have been sent an email advising exactly why the case was closed. We would not just close a dispute without having a reason for closing the case.

I realise that you have already tried contacting customer services but if the case has been closed and you have still not received a refund, you should try contacting us again and we can investigate it further on your behalf.

David.

Login to Me Too

Graphicstore
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have very similar problem but at this time I am seller. 

We have sold full color used printer part £150, after few weeks customer open dispute - part damaged?

So we asked customer for proof of damage after that to return part for full refund.

No answer from customer for few weeks so we email Paypal to look into this matter, as no any communication from buyer's side.

After few day's case closed with no any explain - no proof of damaged goods, item has not been returned by buyer and funds not been returned to my account. I would call that steeling and this is not first time some of my friends had similar issues and they just lost they money and goods.

From my point of view if buyer or seller cannot process dispute which was opened by them self's should not effect other party which was communicated and do everything to solve issue.

Emailed to paypal now couple times but all I get back is automatic emails which are not any good to me as not explain to my current problem.

Many thanks

Login to Me Too

ianmtitto
Contributor
Contributor

I have exctly the same problem , case closed after one day , the message i got was i did not reply within 30 days , what?, i purchased an item from ebay the previous day?, then the seller closed his account , ebay sent me a message that the sellers account had been compromised and that i should go through the resolution center to get my money back , so i did this and they closed the claim within 1 day say that i had not replied in the 3o day limit , unbelievable , so no money back and no item , paypal also closed the claim stating not enough evidence , its disgusting and fraudulent , it seems small claims court is my only option as i have tried to phone both ebay and paypal and one just blames the other , very clever! , pillar to post , my advise is small claims court and claim for all your expenses.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.