Buyer claims not as described (unauthentic)

Capobianco
New Community Member
Hi so I sold 3 pair of shoes to someone, they paid with PayPal, I've send the AUTHENTIC shoes to them as a gift so they didn't have to pay for extra shipping costs but now they have opened a dispute saying they recieved the shoes but they are unauthentic. What can I do so I won't get scammed like a lot of PayPal users online.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Capobianco

Normally in the event of an item received but not as described dispute it tends to be the sellers word against the buyers. So paypal often tell the buyer to return the item back to the seller (trackable to prove delivery) before you have to refund.

However if the buyer can provide 'proof' in a company headed letter from a shop or company that makes the genuine item OR trading standards then you would have to refund without the items being returned.

You will just have to see if the buyer provides proof and if not if paypal decide they should send them back to you for a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.