Buyer bought a virtual good then lied on their refund

xStanimir
New Community Member

A buyer bought a virtual good from me (an account) then on their refund they lied that it was an unauthorized payment, they were instantly refunded before I was even able to argue the case, I have no idea what to do now. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xStanimir

An unauthorised payment means that an account holders Paypal account has been hacked and used without their consent by ? your buyer.

If Paypal finds that this is true by IP numbers etc then of course the account holder is refunded.

However you would equally be reimbursed if you met all the criteria of seller protection.

But of course you could not meet that criteria as you have 0 seller protection for selling 'virtual' items, you can sell them but at your own risk unfortunately and that is why you lost out.  Smiley Frustrated

You really need to read up on seller protection first so you can risk assess your own transactions.

You can find it in Paypals user agreement by going to legal bottom of this page > user agreement > seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.