A ridiculous claim opened by one of my clients! Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

dandeedo
Contributor
Contributor

OK so this is really stressing me out, because i am quite broke, not getting too much work at the moment and have a case open against me for the most ridiculous reason and now my PayPal balance is in arrears. The claim is $450.  The transaction was outside of ebay and the reason for the claim was "Item was different than described"

I design ebay stores and listing templates. I had a client find me through my website and i designed her an ebay store and listing template and she was very happy with it once it was complete. I designed it 4 months ago, before ebays "no active content" policy was in place.. We designed it 100% compliant with their policy updates. 

Now fast forward to a few days ago... eBay released another policy which disallows any external links in the listing templates.. My client was adding links to a external website which shows shoe sizes.. I explained this to her and she is still trying to blame me, its really ridiculous. I stand by all my clients and if she would have just contacted me i would have helped her out and found the links, but she is insisting its all due to my template and has nothing to do with ebays link policy and the links she has added. 

here is the store:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Klassy-Bridal

Now, the case hasnt been escelated to ebay yet... I am still trying to convince her to remove the case but she seems bent on holding it against me, and i dont know why... I am considering escelating the claim as my paypal account is in arrears and i need the money at the moment. Also she is using words of blackmail and i dont appreciate it much at all when i have tried to help her so much... Very ungrateful.  

I am worried about opening the case and losing, There is no rational reason why i should lose the case, but from what i hear, the person who wins the dispute insnt always the one who should have won the dispute.. I ddont want to risk losing this money as i am having a hard time financially. 

Would love to hear any feedback... 

Thanks 🙂

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

I'm sorry to hear your experience has not been good and I recommend you add the information you provided here to the case also.

-David R

Login to Me Too

dandeedo
Contributor
Contributor

Actually the payment has been held, and she has opened the case but hasnt been escelated to a dispute. So i havnt been asked to provide information since its not yet been escelated. The issue is that my funds are held and dont know how long they will be held for, my account is in arrears. Hopefully the lady will come to her senses soon... But she is blackmailing me and i dont know what for! Since i have explained to her that it is her links and we need to remove her links which are causing the issue, but she just wont listen to me. I guess its best if i just wait a little longer and see what happens.

Thanks I really appreciate your reply

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

I understand. You can also escalate the dispute to a claim at any stage if you feel you will not come to an amicable resolution with the buyer. -David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.