21 days keeping MY money!

Charly83
New Community Member
I am assuming that the money that PayPal seem to think they can hold for 21 days is a loan from myself to them, so I will be billing them a percentage on a daily basis on top of the loan until they decide to pay me MY money!
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Charly83

Smiley Wink  Good luck with that one. Unfortunately you agreed to the hold when you opened your paypal account and agreed to the user agreement.

And its the buyers money until they have received their item and are happy with it.

If it was an ebay transaction its unlikely you have to wait 21 days, info in link below >>New seller hold that every new seller goes through.
Positive feedback is not one of the criteria for early release of funds.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/ebay-payments-learn-more

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

junior1790

The same is going on with me with the difference being they are holding my finds after i uoploaded a tracking number showing the item was delivered 4 days ago.  They are telling me its 3 days from when you upload the tracking to paypal regardless of when it was delivered.  Paypal is setup for comlete buyer protection which is great but better stanadrds need to be in place for sellers.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@junior1790

Hmm thats a bit odd, what date you add the tracking number should be irrelevant if it proves the item as delivered + 3 days.

If they make those rules then they should stick to their side of it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

junior1790

Very frustrating company to deal with.  whats even more frustrsating is the buyer, I was told the funds will be released if the buyer leaves positive feedback, ive asked several times if they could take 5 miutes to do that but no dice.  item clearly dleivered this past saturday but still holdung funds until monday which doesnt fit any of their timelines.  

Login to Me Too

junior1790

Mind you i have 100% feedback on ebay, over 100 transactions, i fot all of theyre reasons NOT to hold.  the only one that seems valid is its a high risk item being an ipad? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@junior1790

Yes you get the hold again if you sell a high value item contrary to your normal selling history and unfortunately feedback is not taken into consideration.

Hope you get it soon.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LaizaVenice
Contributor
Contributor

I believe Courtesy release has been changed since according to their studies tracking number has been misused on the past.

Here are the new release triggers:

Ebay Hold:
*Mark as Shipped + Estimated Delivery date(on ebay) + 7 days for domestic or 14 days for international NOTE: ebay can release funds in 3 days depending on the Estimated Delivery Date/Tracking info
*21 days if you have done nothing (PayPal Can no longer release ebay holds as a courtesy)

PayPal Hold:
*Mark as shipped(either shipped or Processed is good) + 7 days for domestic or 14 days for international
*21 days if you haven't entered dispatch details
Note: PayPal can release funds as a courtesy if you call them so long it was marked as shipped or processed, if it's domestic they can release it on the 8th day and for international 15th.

High Risk Hold:
the same as PayPal Hold

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.