21 DAY HOLD ON MY FUNDS = REDICULOUS!!! C'MON PAYPAL WE NEED MORE SUPPORT...

New Community Member
Spoiler

I HAVE 3 PAYMENTS IN WHICH I AM WAITING FOR RELEASE OF FUND. 21 DAYS IS RIDICULOUS AND WE NEED MORE SUPPORT IN THIS FIELD. I'M A SINGLE MUM WHO'S USING EBAY TO SAVE FOR A HOLIDAY FOR ME AND MY CHILDREN FIND THIS LENGTH OF TIME TO BE VERY INCONVENIENT AND INAPPROPRIATE. THE ITEMS I AM AWAITING RELEASE ON WHERE POSTED AND SHOULD WELL OF BEEN RECIEVED.  PAL NEED TO GIVE MORE SUPPORT WITH THEIR SELLERS AS THIS IS DISTRESSING!!!! POOR ....

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49

temp07032012z
Contributor
Contributor

These best you can do, is to close the account and reopen one.  Yes you loose the feedback and your ratings, but just take screen shots and explain to people that you were a victim of paypal's greed, and they put a hold on YOUR money.

Can you imagine if you sold your car to someone, they wrote you a check, so you go into the bank to cash the check and the bank says, thank you, but we have decided to HOLD your money, come back in oh say...21 days.. Yeah, come back in 3 weeks then we will give you your money..then closed the window and called security to make you leave the building.

That is essentially what is happening.    Tell me this, what if, someone does the whole, I'll pay you later thing that I see all over hte paypal.  Then, they purchase your product, you send it to them, then say F u paypal..and never pay.  Does paypal still pay you?  Since they wanted to get in the middle of this transaction, I assume they would take the good with the bad, right?  What if you the customer gets your product, then claims you never sent it, or whatever you do.  You know you sent it, you know they got it, but Big Brother doesn't know anything.  Do you still get your money?

Login to Me Too

janewton2011jan
Contributor
Contributor

Eve got same problem and I've received feedback still holding money papal must make a lot in interest we,all never see there ripping us off

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Funds are released normally within 48 hours of pos feedback being received.

Paypal do not get interest on e-money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

temp07032012z
Contributor
Contributor

I dont even sell on ebay!!   I got both, the rolling reserve on my current paypal account, and my old one I got the 21 day hold.

Oh, and does anyone like my name?  temp0732012z  they changed my original name that was NotHappywithPP  WOW..you cant even mention that you are not happy with Dark Overlord.  They take your money, keep it, yes they get interest from it..come on.  This is what happens when a company no longer has a way to make money, they start taking bleeding their current customers dry..

They have outsourced all their jobs to other countries, no longer the little BBS in Campbell.  Wow, I remember way back in 1997 when ebay was just starting to get a name, now they are nothing but theives.  They used to try to sell people on the idea that eBay was perfect for the little guy just starting out, the single parent to make extra money, etc..long long gone.

I tried to file an compaint of illegal activity with my account, that there has been activity on my account that I did not approve of, that someone has been withdrawing money and it is illegal and I need it to stop.  Here is the email I got the other day..this is great..this shows you exactly how out of touch these guys are..and no people, they do not care and they do not even look at your account.  Check out this sweet form email I got..  This I think shows you all the level of personal attention they give..HAHA..awesome. 

After reviewing your PayPal account we have applied a minimum and rolling reserve to the account starting on (XXReserve_Start_DateXX).

A minimum reserve will be set at (XXPercent_of_ReserveXX) % of the processed amount for each day, until you reach a reserve balance of: (XXReserve_Dollar_AmountXX).

Additionally a rolling reserve will be set at (XXPercent_of_ReserveXX) % of the processed amount for each day, to be held for a (XXReserve_Period_Number_of_DaysXX) day rolling period also beginning on the above date.

Here is an example of a Rolling Reserve: (XXPercent_of_ReserveXX)% of the payments you receive are held at the end of the first day and are released on day (XXM_1st_released_on_day_316191_etcXX), (XXPercent_of_ReserveXX) % of your payments are held at the end of the second day and are released on day (XXM_2nd_release_on_day_326292_etcXX), and so on.

Login to Me Too

temp07032012z
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the rolling reserve now for over a month, I tried to open a case about this about 3 weeks or more ago, I only yesterday recieved this email.

Here it is, and I love the last part the most, "Dont forget, we are always around when you need us."   lol

After reviewing your PayPal account we have applied a minimum and rolling reserve to the account starting on (XXReserve_Start_DateXX).

A minimum reserve will be set at (XXPercent_of_ReserveXX) % of the processed amount for each day, until you reach a reserve balance of: (XXReserve_Dollar_AmountXX).

Additionally a rolling reserve will be set at (XXPercent_of_ReserveXX) % of the processed amount for each day, to be held for a (XXReserve_Period_Number_of_DaysXX) day rolling period also beginning on the above date.

Here is an example of a Rolling Reserve: (XXPercent_of_ReserveXX)% of the payments you receive are held at the end of the first day and are released on day (XXM_1st_released_on_day_316191_etcXX), (XXPercent_of_ReserveXX) % of your payments are held at the end of the second day and are released on day (XXM_2nd_release_on_day_326292_etcXX), and so on.

A reserve is money that belongs to you, but is set aside to ensure your account can cover transaction liabilities. We will notify you if your reserve settings are adjusted in the future.

Don't forget, we're always around if you need us. Just click "Help" in the top right corner of any PayPal page to visit our improved Help Center.

Add your mobile number to your PayPal account so we can reach you right away if we ever need to verify account activity with you. Simply log in to your PayPal account, click "Profile" near the top of the page and then click "Update" beside "Phone."

You can also make and receive payments with your mobile phone when you add it to your PayPal account. After you confirm your number and create a PIN, you'll be able to get money, send money, check your balance, or manage your account from your phone using simple text messages.

Sincerely,

Hanem

PayPal Account Review Department

PayPal, an eBay Company

Copyright© 2012 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved.

Login to Me Too

janssales
Contributor
Contributor

how do you send the buyers their items when paypal wont give you your money help think i am going to have to give the buyers their money back and close this stupid ebay

Login to Me Too

janssales
Contributor
Contributor

i have 6 payment on hold how am i to pay the postage no way then wait 3 weeks for any money best thing i can do is give them the money back and close ebay down and i only just got on it lol o well never mind

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You rarely wait 3 weeks, funds are released when the buyer leaves pos feedback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

b4dmee7sevil
Contributor
Contributor

Your wrong about that too, check my paypal account, today was my 21st day, and i had to badger the buyer for feedback. Read what we are saying. Not all people leave feedback so were waiting 3 weeks for payment its too long. Your not good at this. And in fact i have 2 people that left it for almost 21 days...YEAH DEAD RARE. You might want to start looking after sellers, both yourselves and ebay, as none of it works without sellers. And a **bleep** of alot of people are going elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

b4dmee7sevil
Contributor
Contributor

YOU GREEDY SELFISH ****! I sold on ebay because i was skint, literally skint, i sold rare video games which sold fast, yet 21 freakin days later i have no money still! since i sold them games i've had to walk 7 miles to my sisters to borrow the money stuck in paypal, to walk another 3 miles to get to the shops, then to drag my **bleep** 10 MILES BACK! all because not all buyers leave feedback, most people cant be bothered aslong as they get their items and sod the rest of us! LOOK AT YOUR POLICIES PAYPAL! You only give a **** about the buyer, you disgust me you soggy hogs. I want my money and i want it today otherwise its going to be me and you in a nice little legal fight, in which i will win damages. I will win because im right. What your doing is illegal. Freaks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.