1st time seller - Email received from PayPal asking me to email a postage receipt?

Jimmyk5
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Its the first time ive sold anything on Ebay/PayPal and i think that its gone ok, but i have received the below email from PayPal, can anyone let me know if this is genuine please?

This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has  been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the Shipment Details is sent to us for verification.This security measure is embarked,due to the fact that the buyer was subscribed under Pay pal user Protection Policy so as to secure the buyer's transaction. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send a copy of the Royal Mail next day delivery  shipment receipt to us through this email service@paypa-receipt.co.uk and we will attend to you immediately. This is done for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jimmyk5

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jimmyk5

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jimmyk5
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. I thought it was, I spoke to PayPal earlier and they said the same as you. I didn't send anything and forwarded the emails I received to PayPal. Thanks for your reply.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.