pending money from buyer and dont where to put the tracking number

nur_milia85
Contributor
Contributor
hi..im a new ebay seller..yesterday someone just bid my item..n make the payment thru paypal..usually ebay will sent the awaiting payment n seller need to pay the item thru ebay who connect to paypal..n now i dont know if seller has made the payment or not ..because in paypal history do not appear seller paypal id..but paypal has sent an email who said seller just made the payment yesterday..i got confused for these problem...pls help me to solve this problem..tq
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nur_milia85

Beware of scammers, if there is no money in your paypal balance and you have not had an email from paypal to say the buyer has paid then they have not paid.

If you received an email double check it was actually FROM paypal, if you can give us an idea of the transaction and email we may pick up clues for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nur_milia85

Beware of scammers, if there is no money in your paypal balance and you have not had an email from paypal to say the buyer has paid then they have not paid.

If you received an email double check it was actually FROM paypal, if you can give us an idea of the transaction and email we may pick up clues for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nur_milia85
Contributor
Contributor
the buyer said the money still pending because i didnt shipped out the item he/she just won at ebay..
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nur_milia85

Even if it was pending it would still SHOW IN YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT BALANCE BUT HAVE PENDING BY IT.

Sounds like a scam, are you sending the item to Africa or similar, can you give some details?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nur_milia85
Contributor
Contributor
ya..the buyer ask me to sending the item to lagos,nigeria ..she just won the item from ebay..i saw the address from US..i agree with the offer n accept..then ebay sent awaiting payment but she didnt pay at ebay ..she asked me to do money request from paypal..then i sending her for money request..a few minutes,paypal sent me an email said the buyer just make the payment n i need to shipped out the item with the tracking number ..but the money still pending with paypal bcause i did not shipped out the item yet..
Login to Me Too

nur_milia85
Contributor
Contributor
ya..the buyer ask me to sending the item to lagos,nigeria ..she just won the item from ebay..i saw the address from US..i agree with the offer n accept..then ebay sent awaiting payment but she didnt pay at ebay ..she asked me to do money request from paypal..then i sending her for money request..a few minutes,paypal sent me an email said the buyer just make the payment n i need to shipped out the item with the tracking number ..but the money still pending with paypal bcause i did not shipped out the item yet..
Login to Me Too

nur_milia85
Contributor
Contributor
the buyer also said that she wanna change shipping address to lagos since she now have business trip outside US..
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nur_milia85

Thought so THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.........DO NOT SEND THE ITEM....READ THIS   >>>

They encourage you to use paypal DIRECT and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

File an unpaid item dispute on ebay to get your final value fee refunded and relist.

The scammer has used a hi-jacked genuine U.S ebay account to bid on your item but is a well known scam.

Do a search on google and put in Nigeria / ebay / paypal and you will see.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nur_milia85
Contributor
Contributor
Thank God i still didnt shipped out the item..but still the scammer get my money MYR30..its ok..i need learn the lesson..may i know if the scammer can get in my email acc,paypal acc ,ebay acc or any account that i have?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nur_milia85

As long as you have strong passwords on both ebay and paypal and beware of spoof emails that get you to log in using a link in an email then you should be ok.

The scammer can't use your email address without your password.

Glad i logged on this morning to stop this happening, off shopping now, bye

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.