when do i see my paypal money in my bank account

Gearoid1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am new to taking money in through paypal. I have money in my paypal account. I have just linked my paypal account to my bank account, confirming it literally a minute ago. How long before I see my money in my bank account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gearoid1

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

So of  you are in Ireland you need to open a paypal account in Ireland.

You can send any payment from one paypal account to another but you may have to convert the funds in your UK account to euros OR add  £££'s as a receiving currency on your Irish paypal account.

BUT don't remove any of your financial info ie cards or bank accounts from your UK account until the money is sent and you no longer need that UK account then remove them and close it if you still want to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gearoid1

Its not automatic, you have to click on ''withdraw funds'' and transfer it yourself to any bank account you have linked and confirmed to your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Gearoid1
Contributor
Contributor

thank you. when i clicked on 'withdraw money', it requested for me to add an account. I put in my account details and then it reads "We're sorry, we're not able to process your request. Please try again later."

What do you think the problem is?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gearoid1

Have you added your UK bank account to your UK paypal account?

Not a debit card but your bank account?

Have you confirmed it with the 4 digit code?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Gearoid1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I moved back to Ireland about a year ago. My Irish debit card is confirmed with my pp account but my Irish account is not linked. I do have a uk acount but I do not wish to use it and in fact may close it in the near future.

I am assuming that the issue is that I now have an Irish account and that uk and irish paypal are seperate entities. If so, I will open a Irish paypaly account which lead to my next question. Can I transfer my money from my Uk pp to my, as yet created, irish paypal?

Thank you for the continued help by the way

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gearoid1

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

So of  you are in Ireland you need to open a paypal account in Ireland.

You can send any payment from one paypal account to another but you may have to convert the funds in your UK account to euros OR add  £££'s as a receiving currency on your Irish paypal account.

BUT don't remove any of your financial info ie cards or bank accounts from your UK account until the money is sent and you no longer need that UK account then remove them and close it if you still want to.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Gearoid1
Contributor
Contributor

great i will do that, thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.