whats is Paypal VAT Number

suitednbooted
New Community Member

Hello can someone please give me Paypals VAT number, live help cant they just keep passing me on to other helpers , Thank you 🙂

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_paula

Hi suitednbooted, 

As PayPal does not charge VAT you would not require PayPal VAT number for the running of your PayPal account. If you are being requested to enter a VAT number it will be your VAT number that your will be requested to enter. If you do not have one you can leave that section blank. 

I hope this helps 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

satstore
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paula,

PayPal DOES charge VAT, as the invoice for the PayPal Here Card Reader clearly shows a VAT (20%) amount of £16.50.

There is no mention of a VAT number on the invoice, just the Luxembourg address.

Several emails and calls to advisors have failed to obtain this elusive information, so to ask again please
what is PayPal's VAT number?

Mark.

Login to Me Too

satstore
Contributor
Contributor

Success!!! After many emails a Senior Manager has finally come up with the goods.

PayPal's VAT number used in the UK is GB 156185302 Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

bogdanroman

does anyone know PayPal's VAT number in an european union country?

It seems that the company is from Luxembourg PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A. but I can't find the corresponding VAT number.

Customer support is way of point and don't seem to understand the question and are not providing any usefull feedback.

Login to Me Too

4cut
New Community Member

In Hungary a company have to give information to the National TAX and customs Administration of ANY company which creates invoice in the name of sb. 

In this case, we made an invoice in paypal, so we have to send the information about paypal.
The name of the company 
website
VAT number
first invoice made in that system

So in this case Paypal have to give VAT number.

So, what is Paypal's VAT?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.