verifying my account

mumma2
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

i need to verify my bank account - as part of the process is it essential that i have to print off and send in a mandate direct debit form? this isnt a business account, its just my personal one so that i can withdraw funds to it etc.  and if so, is this when paypal send 1p into my account as part of the verification process???

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Anna

Hi mumma2,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the challenges.

When you initiate the bank verification process you can but don’t have to set up the Direct Debit. However it will help making your outgoing transaction much more convenient. You can cancel the Direct Debit whenever you wish. Even then you will be able to fund you payments using your debit or credit card.

Once you initiate the verification process, the 1p with the verification code will be sent to your bank account.

This process applies to both Individual and Business accounts.

If you need any further assistance, I would recommend you calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to help.

We also provide support via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.