unable to provide proof of residence in saudi arabia Jeddah

F_Shaif
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been frozen and I am unable to send payments through it although i could receive them just fine 

I live in saudi arabia - jeddah , with my family in a rented apartment. paypal asks me to provide proof of my address using an official document along with other verification details. i provided everything except for the proper address papers as there aren't any .. 

nothing is in my name or in my family name since it is an apartment and the system here in saudi arabia place the documents in the owner's name and in arabic language not english either.

how am I to provide an address if I do not own a home and live with my family in an apartment ? how can I proceed from here on out ? 

I am able to provide everything else so far except for the address 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

We also accept utility bills or bank/card statements. Don't worry about the language as PayPal can translate it.

-David R

Login to Me Too

F_Shaif
Contributor
Contributor

Hello David, thanks for the reply

the bank/card statements here in saudi arabia doesn't show the address sadly 😞 I did send a bank statement but it got rejected due to it having no address 😞

as for the utility bill .. I live with my brother in a rental apartment, and all utility bills are directed to the owner under his name 😞

here is what I figured I would try to do, I will ask the landlord to file for official rental documents under my brother's name (since I am just a college student and I am unable to currently rent an apartment) and try to have the address and date stamped on it and validated by the government here. 

now can anyone confirm if this should work ? because like i said I have no official method under my own name and the ones i have don't show address..

no address on bank/card statements

no utility bills 

or official residential documents under my name

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi F_Shaif,

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.