resolving a case in the resolution centre.

Ashleycoombe
New Community Member

hi,

I have recently had a sofa bed delivered which arrived damaged. The sofa company agreed to send one new part but still would not fix the tear to the fabric.

So i made a case against them with PayPal to try and get some compensation for the damage.

now PayPal have come back to me and said they will give me a full refund if i send the product back to the sofa company...

But the delivery costs will be at a cost to myself. Which will be around £100 mark. 

So i will be losing out £100 pounds and have no sofa at the end of the case.surely the company i brought it off should pay all courier costs?

How is this a fair resolution?

is there a way to contact PayPal to try and get a better resolution?

Or surely

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ashleycoombe

As paypal clearly state this on buyer protection  >>

PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

>> then its up to you to risk assess your transaction before buying, bearing in mind that if an item is misdescribed the onus is on your to return it first at your own expense.

However if the seller is a UK business then you still have the option to take them to the small claims court to recover any costs OR if you funded that paypal payment via a credit card then you can contact the card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Finally if you activate the 'return shipping on us' link in your paypal account then paypal will refund you up to £15 per transaction of the return shipping costs.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.