opening a new account

patka1
New Community Member

Hi I have got the paypal account from 2011. That time I was working in the UK and needed it for buying stuff from ebay. Now I am back in the CR and I need to use it again. I want to add a new bank account but it wants sort code from me and 8 numbers long bank account nr. But here, we don
t have anything like sort codes and the bank account nr is longer than 8 numbers. What can I do? Can you help please? 

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi patka1,

Thanks for posting about the issue you are having.

It sounds like your PayPal account is registered in the UK if you opened it while living there. When you move to another country, you need to close your PayPal account and create a new account using your new address. It's not possible to change the address on your PayPal account to a new country and you will run into issues like the one you are seeing adding a bank.

If you have addresses in both countries, you can keep your PayPal account and create a new one, but only one of your accounts (if any) should be a Business account. You'll need to use different email addresses for each account. An email address cannot be registered to two separate PayPal accounts.

Here’s how to close your old PayPal account:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon at the top of the page.
  3. In the ‘Account options’ section, click Close your account and follow the instructions.

We may ask you to confirm ownership of the account before closing it.

After you close your account, any transactions that are in progress are cancelled.

Here’s how to create a new PayPal account:

1. Go to www.paypal.com
  2. Click Sign Up at the top of the page.
  3. Select your country or region and your language.

Once you register your new account you should have no issues adding your local financial information.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.