it says refund on my account but doesn t appear on my paypal balance

rico9210
Contributor
Contributor

it says refund on my account but doesn t appear on my paypal balance.

it doesn t say pending but that has been refunded but it doesn t appear anywhere on the balance anyone can help ? thank youu

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rico9210

If you FUNDED your paypal payment via funds in your bank account OR from your paypal balance then it goes back to that paypal balance.

If you FUNDED your paypal payment via a debit or credit card then it automatically goes back to that card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rico9210

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rico9210
Contributor
Contributor

Yes but I paid with paypal so shouldn t it get back t to my paypal account ?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rico9210

If you FUNDED your paypal payment via funds in your bank account OR from your paypal balance then it goes back to that paypal balance.

If you FUNDED your paypal payment via a debit or credit card then it automatically goes back to that card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mad_Al
Contributor
Contributor

HI, I purchased, or should I say tried to purchase an item only for the seller say it was out of stock, I still have a pending on my bank account, I'm trying to get that lifted so I can access the funds and buy the item elsewhere. Why does it take so long to lift. I've asked the seller to void the transaction so it should hit the account sooner, I calle dthe bank but they said I need to have the 'pending' lifted by Paypal, is this correct?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.